Sick pregnant mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]I pray that your mares health improves....
default_pray.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Did you happen to read the topic on the forum called "Ice storm and colic". It might be worth looking at and possibly helpful under the circumstances. Best wishes.....[/SIZE]

Judy saying prayers for Goldie. Hoping there is good news today. Wanted to let you know I was thinking about your girl and you.

Vet called this morning and I am so happy to report she pooped!!!! He said it wasn't a lot and it was pretty nasty looking and smelly but something made it thru! Most of the stomach blockage is gone though she can still get or have more blockages elsewhere. He also let me come visit her today which made me so happy. She seemed to perk up a bit when I got there, though she still looks pretty terrible. So happy I finally have a bit of positive news! She still has some fluid in her lungs and tons of internal inflammation. Still not really interested in eating anything either. However, they let me take her for a very short walk outside and she did eat a few bites of grass for me. So vet still warns me that she can go down again pretty quickly, but I am really hopeful at this point. Baby is doing better today also but mad as can be about everyone messing with him (I assume it is a boy after all this plus he is quite a kicker!)and mom! Hope to report continued good news tomorrow!

That is great news Judy. So glad things are moving a bit. Prayers she keeps it up and her appetite gets back on track. Bless the little foals heart, he is going to be a fighter. Keep up the good job Goldie girl. Prayers still coming!

Whew! ! !! & Yippeeeee ! ! ! -- my fingers are crossed and my prayers are with you for a COMPLETE recovery and the birth of a healthy happy baby -- don't be too surprised if your mare carries longer than usual. I had a mare that had a horrible setback and her baby kind of went "on hold" during her ordeal, but foaled a normal filly - just 3 weeks late -- needlesstosay, that filly was named "Bey Be Charmed"
default_wink.png

Stacy

So glad to hear Goldie and the baby are hanging in there. Prayers things keep improving and that she will be home where she belongs soon.

Hi everyone! I am very happy to report Goldie was released from the hospital today!!!! She still has a long recovery process but she is alive! Her baby is still doing well also! Thank you so so much for all your thoughts and prayers!

Wish you all a very healthy foaling season!

Oooohhh Judy that is such great news. Miracles do happen. So very glad Goldie is home and the baby is Ok. Prayers to keep her healthy and for the baby too. Thank goodness.

So glad she is home - please keep us updated as you can.

Barbie

Oh, I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!! I am thrilled that she is home again - big happy dance over here!!!!!!!!

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back