showing new

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPs flat rock acres

Reaction score
ok just wondering for someone just starting out and thinking about showing how does one get started? this would be for amhr thanks

Finding a showing farm near you is so helpful. I was lucky to find such a helpful and nice farm- Buckeye Walnut creek. They have Beautiful horses. Also, there areany videoa out there, I have rented on giddyupflix it is a mail in DVD rental with all things horse.(like Netflix sort of, but all by mail).

Check here and the AMHR website for shows and if AMHR Nationals are online again in September (sure they will be) and watch to see how things are done/presented. Excellent if you can find a good farm that shows that will mentor you. Don't overload yourself your first show. Go and do one or two classes to get the feel of things. Don't be intimidated-we have all been there at that 'first show' point.
default_yes.gif
Good Luck and have fun!

You don,t say where you are located. Too bad it's not close to me. I'd love to help out a newbie. I sort of enjoy training/teaching and love shopping for show clothes in all the cheap places.

So find a show near by and go watch. Ask questions and introduce yourself. Most people, unless they have a ton of horses or kids to deal with, will be glad to talk with you and might even let you come along to a show to help them and learn.

Find a class or two that interests you and start working. Then just jump in feet first. It's like anything else you learn as much from your failures as you do your successes.

sorry I am in my state god wish you were close is it like dog showing? have to make sure the horse is squared up? what else do you do? I tried to look for information but don't see anything

I would do what Sandee suggested, that is what we did. We went to several shows and just watched. One or two where three hours drive away and one was a six hour drive so we stayed in a hotel and made a weekend of it, with kids taking care of the horses. Check out the AMHR web-site for shows near you.

Latest posts

Back