Showing! Need Info PLEASE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket8

Reaction score
I am showing this Sunday at one of the local shows. I have a metal easy entry cart and was wondering what I should show in. I know that around here dresses are the big thing. But, I don't know if those are specifically for meadowbrook carts or if they can be used for the easy entry carts as well. I have a dress that would match nicely. I also have show clothes as well. The class is just called Mini and Pony driving class.

Another question? I have a 3 yr old mini mare that I broke to a cart but, SHE PACES. I cannot get her to trot at all. She even paces out in the field. What should I do? Helpful tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

^She's a doll and super lazy was super easy to break to the cart.

If there isn't anything specified in the rules, you could wear a conservative dress or your regular show clothes. I like to wear pants, and I think some women wear pants under a dress in case of a quick exit. I always wear a riding helmet and I don't think any shows/judges can penalize you for wearing one.

I have no clue about a mini that paces. Not anything I ever encountered but maybe someone who has had Standardbreds could help.

Good luck and post photos afterwards!

Thanks. Hopefully we place well.

Lol we own Standardbreds. Pacers and trotters. We have equipment for the trotters but, we don't even need it. Either they pace or they trot. As far as I know I have never seen a pair of trotting hobbles for miniatures. :/ I am at a complete loss of what to do.

Wear whatever you think goes well with your horse and the particular class. As long as you are nicely turned out and proper for the particular class you will be fine. The class sounds generic, so you may find western wear or classic show wear in the class. Or some may be wearing what they consider proper for a country class. Be sure all your buckles are tidy and no straps are caught up in anything. Do not let your reins drag on the ground! Be sure to smile and appear to be enjoying the event.

Best of luck! You will learn alot; no one ever stops learning in competition!

No thoughts on your other horse...

Thanks. Going to Schneiders today to see if I can find something inexpensive to wear. I think we are going to try some weighted bell boots or bells for the mini filly.

In our local shows on the west coast we wear short lightweight jackets , and a long skirt overtop of show pants and topped with beautiful hats. I always wear brown gloves to match my lines too.Remember to wear boots for safety. My personal faves are my lace up Ariats. Since you are in an EE maybe the skirt won't look right? The show pants

might be better. You want to look like your driving to a picnic gathering :) HAVE FUN! Much good luck!!!

Latest posts

Back