Showing Ethics and Practices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will always be those few nasty ones. You can't do anything about them, but you can refuse to let them affect you and your enjoyment. You have to bring your own happiness.

You can always share your goodwill and sense of sportsmanship with others. You never know when someone is newer to showing or more nervous than you. No matter how new, how busy, or how stressed you may be, you can always smile, wish them good luck, admire their horse and congratulate them on a job well done.

Nobody can ruin your enjoyment unless you let them. If you come up against someone who is truly nasty, tell yourself that you'll soon be leaving them, but they're stuck being themselves forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like showing my quarter horse mare anymore. Big horse shows are no longer an interest to me, because the people around me are no fun. And, with the industry switching to quarter horses that are actually thoroughbreds, I'm a little more than sickened. I love my foundation quarter horse, and she will just have to be my pleasure/trail mount.
default_smile.png

Dog showing... my mom used to show dobes. She loved the showing, I have always wanted to...

Mini showing: my experiences have been wonderful. Nice people. Nice horses. FUN atmosphere. I can't get enough!
default_aktion033.gif

Thats my 1, 2...3 cents!
default_yes.gif

Awesome perspective from all of you. I greatly enjoyed reading about your experiences. I did love showing dogs, did pretty well too. I had Samoyeds and did beat some of the top handlers in the country. Hip dysplasia was my real undoing but also the politics that went on at the shows.

I am glad to hear that the horse shows on the average are friendly. I look forward to meeting some of these fine people and really hope to run into some forum folks.

Latest posts

Back