Showhalter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marion 59

Reaction score
I want to do my own cable showhalter. I found all the material so far, except for the hardware.

The ring, where the noseband or cable is attached and the cheek piece.

Where is the secret here? And where the he....
default_wub.png
: can I buy them. I searched the Internet, but no luck so far.

I found out, that people in England and Austalia make them also.They are not just be made here in the states.

So where does the hardware come from?

Please??? :saludando:

I don't know...but you may want to check with people who repair leather harnesses or saddles...or your local shoe shop (they repair for me) or your feed store. They may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck and please share a picture of your finished products!

I was in your shoes a couple years back. I found the thin biothane, the plastic shrink tubing, decorative chicago screws, nice patent leather for nosebands--everything but those danged cheek pieces! Anyway, good luck with your search and if you find the pieces, be sure to show pics!
default_smile.png

-Amy

My Husband is in the Leather and Saddlebusiness, we searched all the hardware catalogs you can imagine...

I guess, it might be come from a totally different sorce??

I was talking to my son this past weekend and showed him the pieces on the halters that I can't find anywhere. He says that a machine shop can make them. How pricey?...don't know. He said they will charge for making a pattern or cast or something...can't think of how he worded it exactly. Then they would be able to make more for you later. He gave me a name of one in Norfolk Va ...Metal Concepts. But you probably have these shops closer to you. I have several different buckles and rings that if I ever do decide to get into leather crafting I would like to be able to have made. But for now I'm just putting it on the back burner.lol Only thing he mentioned was they can't be copywrited and they need a sample one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back