Show your best conformed horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them all and especially like the older mare posted she is lovely. I do love the pics of show horses all spruced up but also like to see beautiful horses in their natural state and think it is important that we realize that good conformation comes in all ages and sizes.

I have a 12 year old Bond Peppy Power son who is 2 points shy of his hall of fame in halter. I think he has pretty great conformation. I don't have any really GREAT photos of him, he is much better in person. The only thing I would change about him is his neck, it could be slightly longer, and without conditioning it's a bit thick.

Here is the best pic I have of him right now, hoping to get more pics later this summer........

29.75 inch, Heartland's Peppy's Pride

29150july1.JPG

This mare was quite the show mare in her day. She is now 23 years old, had her last foal in 2004. She has a killer trot and will be learning to drive. I can't find one thing I don't like about her conformation. Her head could be a touch shorter but that's it.

34 inch, Palmer's Laverne, picture from last year........

29150J17LizPretty.JPG

This girl is also near perfect in my opinion. This picture was taken last year, no conditioning. Her only flaw is that she is slightly cow hocked. Her past owner intended to show her but never did. She's a Rowdy grandaughter. She's extremely refined and feminine, and everyone comments on how much she looks like a big horse.

33 inch, 11 year old, Hilo Soft Touch.........

29150J17wowDright.JPG

And last but not least of my favorites.........is Karo, my yearling filly out of Peppy the stallion I posted first. There is nothing about her that I don't like. Pictures taken about a month ago, completely unconditioned.

32 inch, MF Charmed White Dove Dark.........

60689karowaterfall.jpg

60689kleftneck.jpg

Here are a few of mine that i think have very nice conformation.

First is our main herd sire, Lucky Four Silvers Rebel Legacy a National Grand Champion Junior Stallion. He has a really high tail set, nice topline, a really nice head, a great neck, a great body. He is only 29" tall. One thing i love about this stallion is he consistently out produces himself.

legacy.jpg

Here is one of his 2 year old daughters, Gander Hill Chantilly Lace. She has won many Grand Championships already this year. As you can tell she has her sire's tail set and topline. She has a beautiful head and neck. And she has a great body. She is put together really nicely.

ef30933a.jpg

Next is my 3 year old show gelding. Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty. Last year he was 2X National Champion, 3 time Reserve National Champion, and 3X World Top Ten with Lee Crutchfield. I just love his conformation, he has a great neck, a great body, and a pretty head. He won 5 Grand Championships at the last she he was at a few weeks ago.

efb8e342.jpg

All of my minis(except Billy) have their own good points...

Joy is more of the Arab type, but still looks like a tank on toothpicks
default_rolleyes.gif
:

JChmHal.jpg

JyrHal3.jpg

Midnight is still a morgan-ish horse and has nice conformation but age is starting to create new faults and he just isn't looking his best anymore
default_sad.png

zzzPicture111.jpg

Nitro, I guess is our best conformed horse, he has done the best in halter and a side from his thick neck, is a great looking horse, with nice movement

Nitrorealhalterafterorder5.jpg

NShowmanship.jpg

NitroHalternMyBack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And I wonder who said dilutes weren't pretty enough to show! I am just a "tad" bit barn blind when
it comes to SPIRIT~~ (1st one below)~~ who is a perlino. He could be covered in mud, chicken
feathers, tar, you name it, and I would still think he is the most beautiful little Miniature Arabian my
eyes have ever rested upon.
SPIRIT is of Buckeroo breeding
Spirit-f.jpg

ECHO MAN is the next one below, and he too is a perlino, being double bred Buckeroo
EchoMan--3x296FAV.jpg

Everyone is posting such beautiful horses!!! What a neat thread!

Here is my 5 yr old gelding. I was told he was shown before.. I'm to new to mini's and haven't started showing.. He is a little over weight, but we love him
default_wub.png
: I don't know how to get him to do the "stand"

but he can..

Pattons By The Grace Of The Moon-- Aka Bulldog

Projectlookinpretty.png

And our 4 year old mare, that hasn't been shown at all.. We just love her for her

Goebel Gate Farms Passionate kisses Aka Lucy

Projectourgirl.png

And the two together:

Project2cuties.png

edited to say, I know that the pictures aren't fancy, but I just wanted to show off my pride -n-joys!!

No fancy show pics or professional pictures to show but I think this two year old has very nice conformation and looks good just out in the pasture!!

Pache992.jpg

1.jpg

And I think this little weanling filly has real nice conformation for a youngster!

4firstclip.jpg

run2.jpg

And I wonder who said dilutes weren't pretty enough to show! I am just a "tad" bit barn blind whenit comes to SPIRIT~~ (1st one below)~~ who is a perlino. He could be covered in mud, chicken

feathers, tar, you name it, and I would still think he is the most beautiful little Miniature Arabian my

eyes have ever rested upon.
SPIRIT is of Buckeroo breeding
Spirit-f.jpg

Well, now, there's my baby daddy and he is exquisite in my eyes as well
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I think his 2006 filly from the Harrells (Harrells Flirting with Perfection) is one of my nicest horses but I don't have any squared up pictures to show her off on this thread yet. She is, though, outstanding.

Flirt%2007102006%201.jpg

Flirt%2007102006%203.jpg

Flirt%2007102006%204.jpg

Flirt%2007102006%206.jpg

I can hardly wait to show Flirt! I think she'll make her daddy, me and the Harrells proud! I love the angle and length of her neck, her pretty, small muzzle, short head, big eyes, little ears, short back, high set tail, chest and butt....

I love seeing all the pretty horses! :aktion033:

I tried not to, but I can't help it!

Here's my boy Lotto
default_wub.png
:

website1002022.jpg

website1002021.jpg

I also like the conformation of our mares, foals and other boys too.

This horsie mom loves ALL her kids! LOL

This is my mare Little Mans Blue Baby's Rowdy. She was the 1990 AMHA National Champion SR Mare 30-32 and Reserve National Grand Champion Sr and the same year she was the 1990 AMHR National Grand Champion Sr mare. This is her then and now at age 20

bluebabyrowdy.jpg

bluebabye.jpg

Beautiful horses all and just what I was looking for not all posed set up pics but rather all views of great conformation especially in its natural setting. I truly believe that show pics are wonderful but the natural ones are equally important to see what good conformation looks like in a pasture or barn setting as that is how most people see horses they intend to buy. Keep em coming. How about some of those who arent showing I know there are more beautiful horses out there who never see a show ring. No critiques or flames here just wonderful pics of beautiful horses.

Wow Tami what a beautiful mare. She looks wonderful for being 20.

I have one mare who stands out. She is a stunning color but has great conformation also. She is now 8 and has produced three colts and her first filly. This year I had two fillies and it let me do some comparisons. I didn't think you could tell much about a foals confirmation, but with two to look at , I know which one is better.

Knutson Chocos Susie:

Taken Last summer

KnutsonChocoSusieMiniMare.jpg

Taken yesterday, 1 1/2 months from foaling and in foal again.

Susie.jpg

This is susies 1 1/2 month old filly NTM Its Midnight Cinderella

These don't do justice to her straight legs and pretty build

The first one is taken with my gelding in the 4th of July parade

Catyparade70406.jpg

This one is her playing with my other filly goldie

foalfamily002.jpg

No professional photos here and all horses are in pasture condition, with some clipping.

I absolutely love my new stallion Reece's Thunder Bird :new_shocked: and think he is very correct.

thunderrtsm.jpg

Horse Song Luna de Amor is a March 18 colt and I think is very conformationally correct, hope he stays as nice as he is now. I love this little guy and what a personality
default_wub.png
:

Lunalt.jpg

Here is a 28.75" 2-year old filly

Egosmall.jpg

And one more 2-year old filly.

Sassy.jpg

Gee, I could post some more, I'm really thrilled with my horses right now. Maybe I'm barn blind, but my horses make me so happy so it's okay.

Stephanie

Stephanie, I think you have some Very nice horses too and I really love Kid and your new stallion Thunder Bird… They give me shivers!

Also, Parker, I really like your breeding and the two stallions you posted, very very nice!

I'm happy with my horses, but I would like one more, much like Nitro, only a mare though... I love showing; I really love halter, jumping and hunter classes, so I wish I had another adult mini to do preformance with, but I will in time
default_yes.gif
: I'm gonna work with mine and do really well with what I have; I'm lucky to have them.

Wow...weeeee...my eyes are poppin looking at all these gorgeous horses posted. What great eye candy!

Here is a sampling of our best of 2005/2006 that are currently on the AMHA/AMHR show circuits. Thankfully the judges like them too, especially our appy breeding program we've been working so hard on over the years.

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka Catch[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

catchhead.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]CCMF Legacy's Color Maker[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

cmright.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]CCMF Legacy's Legend[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

legendbody.jpg

And lastly, the little star that's shining particularly bright this year, our bay filly Latte.

[SIZE=14pt]Sunbreak's Latte Tyme[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

latterightlook.jpg

We always appreciate the opportunity to share our beauties. Thank you Nita!

Dawn :saludando:

Oh God He is Beautiful! Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka Catch!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Wow...weeeee...my eyes are poppin looking at all these gorgeous horses posted. What great eye candy!

Here is a sampling of our best of 2005/2006 that are currently on the AMHA/AMHR show circuits. Thankfully the judges like them too, especially our appy breeding program we've been working so hard on over the years.

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka Catch[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

catchhead.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]CCMF Legacy's Color Maker[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

cmright.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]CCMF Legacy's Legend[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

legendbody.jpg

And lastly, the little star that's shining particularly bright this year, our bay filly Latte.

[SIZE=14pt]Sunbreak's Latte Tyme[/SIZE]
default_wub.png
:

latterightlook.jpg

We always appreciate the opportunity to share our beauties. Thank you Nita!

Dawn :saludando:

I saw your colt, Color Maker a weekend or two ago at one of the GHMHC shows. He was gorgeous! It was nice to see him in person.
default_yes.gif
:

Everyone, these horses are GORGEOUS! I have had to shut my jaw a few times. :new_shocked:

I love seeing all the pretty horses! :aktion033:

I tried not to, but I can't help it!

Here's my boy Lotto
default_wub.png
:

website1002022.jpg

website1002021.jpg

I also like the conformation of our mares, foals and other boys too.

This horsie mom loves ALL her kids! LOL

[SIZE=14pt]OH MY[/SIZE] :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back