Show us your Xmas spirit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcr

Reaction score
I was cruising the back porch and read Chandab taking in a poor cat and MindyLee finding a new home for her dog and probably making a lonely guys Xmas better. It got me thinking that this is the time of year that makes us better people with the spirit of Xmas and doing the little (or big) things to help others and animals.

Have you done something in the Xmas spirit? Tell us about it.

Well, I found a cell phone and returning it to its owner. They where glad

being it was their work phone.

Rescued a wandering hound dog and returned it to its master.

Had him for about 2 hours, boy sure do not want a hound dog.

Now wish I could find some money but knowing me would return that too.

I know this might sound sappy, but I don't just try to do things for animals and others at Christmas time, I do whatever I can to help people or make them happy all year around. Making others happy makes ME happy!
default_yes.gif

I discovered by accident a few weeks ago that a local radio station sponsors an Adopt a Soldier program. Went to their site and was really surprised to see there was a soldier, in Afghanistan, on the list who's a member of the same National Guard unit my brother was in back in the 50s. I immediately adopted him and had a blast shopping for him. Made me feel good and I like to think my brother would be pleased.

Last edited by a moderator:
l'm not a Christmas type person meaning we don't do things like gifts or a tree...we do help any animal in distress year round gave 20 big round bales of hay to a down on there luck farm down the road for donkies so they can winter over without starving..my youngest daughter and l have also helped serve 2 dinners for the homeless since the beginning of the month..if anyone feels sorry for themselves this time of year a soup line can fix that in a hurry. More people this year going without then in past years very sad hope things improve soon for many.

Well Kathi the truth is I haven't done anything that I would consider a wonderful thing or Christmas spirit, but I was able to do something about a situation because it was the right thing to do.

On a side note, those rotten dogs that killed my old barn kitty treed a stray black cat this afternoon who resides in my barn from time to time in bad weather. With the help of my dog Amy, she took care of them while I was able to coax that poor cat down.
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to find just the "right" person to help. Haven't found them yet although I know there are tons of people that need it. But it will come to me somehow before Christmas.

A little thing I did that was spur of the moment was I was in line at walmart a couple of nights ago and a young family in front of me had a cart full of grocercies - necessities, not beer and stuff like that. They had a small child in the cart. They were paying with some form of assistance - it was a piece of paper, not sure what that is. And they were deciding if they had enough "credit" on this piece of paper to get a barbie birthday cake for their little girl and a barbie doll which they were going to pay for with cash. Turns out they told the cashier to take the cake and doll off. I quietly asked if they'd let me buy the cake and barbie and they were hesitant, but agreed. I felt like they were trying to do the right things for their family so the least I could do was provide them with the few $ it was for the cake and barbie.

If they'd had a cart full of crap like beer and sugary snacks and potato chips I may have felt different, but they only had things like chicken, milk, bread, frozen veggies, cereal, lunch meat, stuff like that. Seemed like they were trying to feed their child as best they could.

I'm still looking for someone to "help." I don't have much this year but my outlook has really changed. What I used to think was important seems so irrelevent now. Having "things" just doesn't really appeal to me anymore.

Back