Show us your horses with Arenosa bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
What makes them "distinctive" or "different"? I know some farms focus on having only horses that are Arenosa or at least 50% Arenosa breeding. I'd like to see pictures and learn more about what makes them special or different to you.

I have two that are 50% Arenosa. I don't have any really current photos of either of them. They are in their two year old year but are really only 1-1/2 years right now. They are quite spunky! Very nice babies with exceptional movement. I would say my filly is HOTHOTHOT. Much hotter than any other I have. She is foundation classic Shetland, with her sire side very old lines.

Here are a few photos of them when they were pretty little:

Here is my filly Sundance LB Gaia. This picture was taken this past fall. She had been sick for about a year, and was finally recovering. She had a horrible intestinal problem and also respiratory. This was the first time she had started to look very healthy since I had gotten her home:

right.jpg

walk.jpg

And my colt Sundance LB Esprit Poetique. These two were taken last summer. He was just being introduced as a pal to my stallion, Alladdin. I think he is quite beautiful, and I totally adore him. He and Alladdin are my two favorites...shhh don't tell the rest.
default_smile.png

EspritJune06.jpg

EspritAlladdin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We love Arenosas here.

pete2.jpg

This is Bristol Pepito, What makes him special is a pretty long list. He is triple reg. AMHA/ AMHR ASPC, a great show horse and National Champion. A 100% Arenosa pedigree. Conformation and charisma. Big thanks to Janet Hughes and Nancy Rivenbaugh for allowing Pete to come to our place.

nationals.jpg

Here is another 50% Arenosa colt bred at Buckeye WCF Farms and shown by HHP Training. I find my Arenosas are often more spirited and pretty movers

i have no idea what percentage mine are as I never stopped to figure it out

black

blackatnationslCrop-323x195.jpg

Star

StarrifzDM05-258x206.jpg

StarNeck-272x169.jpg

Flirt

flirt-392x282.jpg

default_wub.png
: If you want to see some beautiful Arenosa's go to http://www.sundancelb.com and take a look at their Champions link.... Most of them shown on there are 100% but also have several that are only a percentage. Arenosa's are... Graceful movers, long necked with naturally clean throatlatches, big beautiful eyes on pretty heads.... Aloof and are different from the rest and know it! They take a special hand, don't deal well with punishment and will walk off the end of the earth for you IF you have gained their trust. They are high spirited and intelligent individuals.
default_smile.png

Here is mine Arenosa stud , he is a 50 % Arenosa. He is super smart , very trainable and very atheletic.

PICT1627.JPG

PICT1519.JPG

We got two brand-new fellas that Mags broought down last week during her Texas run- unfortunately it's been so nasty out I haven't been able to get pictures!! Both are 100% Arenosa. One is a bay pinto colt who we've named Graham's Zoom Zoom Zoom (we call him Mazda) and the other is a solid bay guy named Graham's Chesapeake Bay (Chet). Both are AMHR/ASPC registered and we think Mazda will stay small enough to go AMHA!

:aktion033:

Lucy

default_wub.png
: If you want to see some beautiful Arenosa's go to http://www.sundancelb.com and take a look at their Champions link.... Most of them shown on there are 100% but also have several that are only a percentage. Arenosa's are... Graceful movers, long necked with naturally clean throatlatches, big beautiful eyes on pretty heads.... Aloof and are different from the rest and know it! They take a special hand, don't deal well with punishment and will walk off the end of the earth for you IF you have gained their trust. They are high spirited and intelligent individuals.
default_smile.png

That sums it up nicely!
default_yes.gif
:

This was my 50% Arenosa, Hunt Acres Candy Kis. Sure wish I had better pictures. I lost her in August of 2005, 3 days after my mom passed away.
default_sad.png
(It was a BAD week ... heck, it was a horrible year!). Kis was as spirited as they come, but she knew there was something different about me ... she was so gentle and willing when I had the lead. I miss her terribly ... I'd LOVE another Arenosa or Arenosa cross some day ... when I can afford one. The Sundance LB horses are awesome as are Annette's and I LOVE Getitia's King Lee get!!!
default_wub.png
:

nankis.jpg

kis_2.jpg

Tonyspotlight.JPG

This is my 34" ASPC/AMHR stallion "Graham's The Big Picture" who is over 50% Arenosa bred. He is very very very mellow. The thing I have noticed about Arenosa horses is that they are extremely refined and mature very slowly. I tend to notice they aren't very athletic in general, but of course this is a very broad generalization. My stallion is pretty athletic :) But those are things I personally have noticed. There is never a stereotype that all horses will always fit.

I'm not a huge fan of "Arenosa" necessarily, but there are certainly outstanding individuals who are of those bloodlines!

Andrea

To see those wonderful Arenosa horses well look at the Nationals results and pictures many are Establo horses or Sundance LB horses.. We own a 75 percent Arenosa stallion and I would say Lori G's description pretty much fits him to a T he is wonderful and has that classic beautiful Arenosa head. He loves Raven and wouldnt step out of line when she is working with him and yet is a bit more high spirited with me. Always playful, pretty egotistical, kind hearted and willing to please

We are anxiously awaiting his first foal(s)this spring.

Dakota San Juan Paco

pacoshow.jpg

What makes them "distinctive" or "different"? I know some farms focus on having only horses that are Arenosa or at least 50% Arenosa breeding. I'd like to see pictures and learn more about what makes them special or different to you.

Sanny,

We have several Arenosa bred aspc\amhr horses and we really like them. They seem to have lots of spirit to them but are very good to work with. They have made really good show horses in both driving and halter. We own Ten Ls Eye Of The Tiger who is a multiple champion and top ten in halter at both the Shetland Congress and at the amhr nationals placing 3rd there. He was also fourth at Congress in the Foundation driving and was I believe the smallest on in the ring. He had two offspring show at the amhr nationals and both were top ten. Tiger will be back in open pleasure driving this year in the amhr shows! I agree that the arenosas seem so fine that they appear to mature a little slower, but are like a fine wine, they just get better and better with time. Ten Ls Eye of the Tiger is pictured in my Avatar. Our Arenosas have really kept nice refined necks too and I love that along with the pretty heads on them. We also own Grahams Calendar Girl who was Hall of Fame after the first show 06 as a two year old, she is heavy Arenosa on both sides of her pedigree. She is pictured on our training page of website. They are truly special horses!

Laura Tennill

www.tenltraining.com

So many nice horses posted in this thread :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

We have several 100%, 75% or 50% bred arenosa horses and they are certainly some of our favorites.

As others mentioned, they tend to mature more slowly - some tend to have a hotter side or bigger engine as I call it, while others are truly as gentle as kittens. Without a doubt our favorite arenosa bred horse on our farm is Papo - who is amha/r/s and is from the last foal crop bred by Mrs Barrett herself. We will be forever grateful to Bristol Pony Farm for allowing one of their premier herd sires and just a very special horse to reside with us. Here are a few of our favorite arenosa bred horses

Papo - 100% arenosa

papo0503E_small.jpg

Angel - an aspc/amhr under Papo daughter out of a Lee daughter

lucy06_small.jpg

Image - aspc/amhr 100% Arenosa Papo son

missmin05colt02_small.jpg

Ghost - aspc/amhr Papo son who was the National Champion weanling under in 2005

ghost0501_small.jpg

Elly aspc/amhr in our avatar is out of Kewpies Armada of Arenosa who also produced Lena and Cutie - on our mares pages - and all of these mares are now starting to produce our next generation. This year Lena produced Grace aspc/amhr who is one of our favorite fillies from 2006

l2_small.jpg

For those who like the Rowdy line - if you research Rowdy's background- Rowdy's sire is Kewpies Sun who was said to be of the same sire line (perhaps a son of Oracle?) as Kewpie Dolls Oracle - a stallion that was one of the cornerstones of Mrs Barretts breeding program.

We only have 1, so far, and he is 50%.

JCM"S Rodeo's Cowboy, sired by Establo Rodeo.

Our boy is intelligent and pretty easy to work with.

cowboy3.jpg

Okay.......I don't post a lot of photos on here, but this topic got me.

We happen to have a couple of 100 percent Arenosa stallions, but their photos aren't loaded online yet. However I do have a couple of "pasture photos" of a couple of colts we own. Both are sons of our "El Dorado". The red pinto is 75% and the gray pinto is 50% Arenosa.

I love the Arenosa LOOK with their smooth lines, longer legs, long necks, and great heads. Then, more often than not -- they have ACTION to burn! I also enjoy their attitudes.....they have a little bit of wildness to them, but once you win their love and trust, they are your's forever.

MA

MrChips2June06-1.jpg

Primo3June06.jpg

I too, love the beauty, refinement and elegance of the Arenosa bloodlines, and decided to include some of them in my breeding program. Fortunately, Sundance Stock Farm already had developed an Arenosa/Overo program and the horses we have purchased from them have been the Arenosa Van-Lo cross. The horse in my Avatar is my AMHR National Grand Champion Mare, Under, Sundance LB Que~Tee. Below is pictured Sundance LB Assured, one of our herd sires. One of the other major bloodlines in our program is ROWDY.
sun9_05d.jpg

I love the attitude of the Arenosa. Like Lori G said, they tend to be a little more aloof, very sensitive, but when handled correctly and you gain their trust, they will go to the ends of the earth for you.

I have several and my breeding program centers around them. I love the blends but I have a passion for preserving the "root" of Audrey Barrets breeding program as well so will always strive to preserve the 100% for breeding stock.

My Stallions

Sundance LB Hot Topic

Topper6_06a.jpg

Sundance LB Zip Tease

zip%20stand%20ear%20sml.jpg

My mares

Sundance LB My One Desire of HHP; Arenosa/Bumble Bee cross

lucy7_06a.jpg

Sundance LB Easy on the Eyes of HHP Arenosa/Van Lo cross

Blue7_06a.jpg

HHP Cherry-Hill Apple Betty Bumble Bee/Arenosa cross

Betty7_06a.jpg

HHP Talk of the Town Arenosa/Bumble Bee cross

sliver%20poise.JPG

I have to say for anyone who hasnt seen her in person Lucy Annettes horse is honestly one of the most close to perfect horses I have ever seen she is just breathtaking in person
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

lucy7_06a.jpg

I re-sized this but it didn't work.....sorry!

Anyway, this is my new mare "Diablo's Klassic Kewpie Doll of Estacado". I just bought her from Mary Breckling. She is 75% Arenosa, and has a bald face, blue eyes with eyeliner that is rare in the Arenosa's.

Thank you Mary, for this lovely, leggy girl. Thats why I wanted an Arenosa, beautiful builds. :aktion033:

Kewpiesummer.jpg

When my mother first talked to me about Arenosa's I thought "whatever..how can they be different...A mini is a mini"..but once I saw them in person I knew what she meant...I would love to own a Arenosa mini someday..It might be one of mothers..congrats Mom on buying Pepito. I know who much you admired him and now own him..What a dream..

Your biggest fan...

Daughter Shasta

We love Arenosas here.

pete2.jpg

This is Bristol Pepito, What makes him special is a pretty long list. He is triple reg. AMHA/ AMHR ASPC, a great show horse and National Champion. A 100% Arenosa pedigree. Conformation and charisma. Big thanks to Janet Hughes and Nancy Rivenbaugh for allowing Pete to come to our place.

nationals.jpg

Here is another 50% Arenosa colt bred at Buckeye WCF Farms and shown by HHP Training. I find my Arenosas are often more spirited and pretty movers

Latest posts

Back