Show results & pics from Saturady

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First i think i should announce the new guy before our show results lol. Here he is, LTD's White Chief (son of LTD's Magic Man). I'm sure you all know him as Kyle's (kays son) show gelding that he kicked butt with in the show ring this year :bgrin. I've been waiting a whole month to bring him home since the Ohio World Show. I was talking to Kay about possibly leasing a gelding to show in 2007 and then they ended up buying Jet that evening and you know how the rest goes
default_smile.png
. We picked him up on the 19th at the Halter Clinic. Poor guy, first day we picked him up he was stuck at a halter clinic for 4 hours, then his first day home he had to get clipped and a bath and then the next day we were at the fair for 6 days. Sunday night we brought him home and he finially can settle in. I am VERY excited! He is deffently everything i was hoping for to show next year. We're going to be showing Open halter, color, jumper, showmanship and if its not to much i'm tempted to try obsticle halter. Finially i can show the classes i've really been wanting to show. I took him in place of Coco to the show along with Royal, i'll write about that after his pics though. He got ALLOT of attention at the show bc most people had never seen a white horse with blue eyes. I'll post jumping pics later on this week after it drys up some outside
default_smile.png

These pics are from the day after we picked him up after his bath, he is so beautiful!

100_0918.jpg

100_0919.jpg

100_0917.jpg

Okay now on to the show results. Well Friday i was expecting to sit back in the barn and get ready to show on Saturday but that didnt exactly happen lol. Every year they have a contest thats called 'celebrating the breed of the year'. Well they needed atleast 5 horses and were practically begging people to enter since they only had 4 horses entered. We entered about 15 minutes before the contest, i figured chief would be better behaved so i took him in. It was very simple actually, just have to talk about your breed of horse, why you chose it, how its used today, why your horse is a good example of that breed and then history ext. Everyone else was a much more prepaired then me and i'm in no way use to talking infront of that many people lol. Well chief took BREED OF THE YEAR! I was sooo happy to see a mini win. He got a crown that is big-horse-size and a sash, i was so proud of him! I still need to get pics of him wearing his 10 sizes to big crown and sash lol.

Saturday was great to and allot less stressful then the shows we've done this year lol. I took Chief in for the first class and there was either 7 or 8 horses in his class, he deffently stood out since he was the only horse who was not a bay LOL. Chief took 1st place, my first time winning a class!
default_wub.png
:

Then Royal had his class right after chief and he was the only horse in his class so he took 1st as well, gosh were we having a good day!

Melissa (MDMminis) from the forum was there to help me hold horses, keep them clean and since i had 2 geldings going into the champion class and there was only one of me ..i had someone to show for me. She did wonderful! There were only 3 horses in our championship class (2 of which being mine lol). Melissa took chief in for me since Royal can be a handfull sometimes in the ring and boy did she do great! Royal took GRAND CHAMPION GELDING, Chief took RESERVE CHAMPION GELDING. :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

I dont think we could have possibly done better lol. This was a real self esteem boost after our placing at the Ohio World Show.

Okay now pics, sorry some didnt upload fully ...photobucket has been a pain in the butt lately.

Getting ready to head into the ring with chief, didnt know they took this pic

9317d9a0.jpg

Chief's class (Were the white horse, me in the black ..see we kind of stood out from all the Bays :lol:)

ChiefClass1.jpg

Champion Gelding Class (Me in the middle, Melissa with chief to the far right)

8b65572d.jpg

17dca996.jpg

737bd40a.jpg

Sorry there so big, i have no idea how to resize. So sorry

Hope you enjoyed though!

Leeana H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! So Do You Now Own Him?? Aww Kyle must be sad to see his gelding go. Well Good Luck! GREAT JOB! Royal Looked Handsome As Always!
default_wub.png
:

Hey there!!! Congratulations!! I saw your post on Royal on the Pony Forum and was going to comment there, but will go ahead and say that you have done a GREAT job with him...! He looks fantastic! And, also, congratulations on your new gelding... boy, WHITE seems to be a popular color lately! Between Desiree, you and my sisters new Perlino colt.. (Ericas Worth The Big City Bucks..) we are going to be a sea of white at next years Nationals!! Now, we all need to buy stock in Quic Silver and Oxy Clean.. I have a feeling all of us are going to need a WHOLE lot of that stuff next year! :lol: :bgrin

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

im so proud of you Leanna!!! you did a great job with both royal and chief!!! I cant wait to see pics of Chief with his crown and sash. What an honor to win breed of the show!

Kyle and I still own chief and leanna is borrowing him
default_smile.png

Kay

lol big piccy's there leanna. But yeah it was pretty fun.. would of helped if i had Cheif's head right
default_sad.png
. Leave it to me to show up taking pills rofl. Yeah royal was good while i was holding him.. a little hint hint.. (stand on the side of him)
default_wink.png
:. Then he wanted to keep trying to bite your friend but he stood there :lol: :lol:

:aktion033: You go girl! What a fabulous job! Both of you girls. :aktion033:

Fran

omg i love royal looks gorgeous!!! and cheifs stunning!!! congrats

Latest posts

Back