Show questions and a few others

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShashwatAcres

Reaction score
I had a mini breeder out here ( Jedi Miniatures) come out and take a look at Gracie as I am just in love with this little mare. Well she measured her and shes measured her at 31 1/2 well on gracies papers shes at 32.75 will this make a difference ? we even measured her on 3 different surfaces to make sure we werent seeing things, all 3 were all the same lol. She wants me to take Gracie out to a few open shows, but ummm I have no idea what to do LOL, she said she would help me but ummm how difficult is it to show LOL. Where can I go to find out where there are shows in Texas ?

TIA,

Becky

"she measured her and shes measured her at 31 1/2 well on gracies papers shes at 32.75 "\

No, that won't make a difference. They don't check the size of the horse against the papers. When you get to the show they will measure your mare and that will decide what class she goes in, if the classes are split by size under 34". Most AMHR shows around here don't have splits for size, but your local shows may.

Showing is -- fun, exhausting, nerve wracking, agonizing, oh, and did I mention fun! The most fun you can pay for and get worked to the bone to do it.!
default_biggrin.png

If you have never shown horses, I would suggest going to a local show or 2 just to watch. Then you can see what the folks do, and be able to ask questions without worrying about getting ready for your class. Most exhibitors are more than happy to chat with you, IF they are not waiting to go in the ring or getting horses ready.

Best of luck - showing really IS fun!!

I agree with Ruffian go to a couple of shows and see what it's about so you get an idea. Plus; yes have your friend help you that will save you a lot. I had a friend help me when I started out and you don't know how much that helped. I'm STILL eternally grateful to my friend for helping me. I couldn't have done it without her. There's just so much to know. But she told me the same thing as Ruffian did you, go watch a show. I did and it changed my life, I was hooked. Of course at that point I didn't have a mini yet, but I did soon after. You can ask people questions but also like Ruffian say's not if you see them busy getting ready for a class cause they're going crazy trying to hurry, but if they're kicking back by all means ask away. At least it doesn't bother me to be asked questions, I love when people come up and ask them. Tell people your a beginner, that way they'll know they're helping you out too and that will help.

It's crazy, but it's also a lot of fun. This year I'm showing 3 in halter, one in driving. Next year I'd like to show 2 in driving or 1 in jumping, 3 in halter. See everytime you do that it increases the work, time, energy, crazyness...... But it's oh so worth it!!!!!!! Good luck to you let us know how it goes. TJ

All the open shows I have done do not measure. Usually at an open shows you are going to show in pony 56" and under. Or you might get lucky and they might have a mini class.

Latest posts

Back