Show Off Your GELDINGS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
It's been a little bit of a while, so I thought it would be nice to show each other our geldings again!!! I know for a lot of us, including myself, these boys have special places in our hearts. My geldings are pretty much my favorite horses because they are so easy to enjoy and so loving.

Tibbs Sundowner

"Sunny" -- 20x grand champion / Halter HOF / 3x Nat'l Champion / 6x Res. Nat'l Champion

Likes to drink from sports bottles and give kisses

SUNNY%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20111%20GELDINGS.jpg

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold

"Smarty Bacardi" -- Son of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU") multi champion & supreme, multi 1st place color

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136%20GELDINGS.jpg

Triple H Derby Day Miracle

"Derby" -- my former show stallion & first ever show horse -- multi champion, Nat'l Top 5

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20May%2010,%202004%20075.jpg

Whinny For Me's Skippin Miracle

"Skipper" -- son of Derby above, 1st home bred foal, multi champion

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

Whinny For Me's AA Eclipse

"Eclipse" -- our first ever mini, raised from 3mos old, grew him into a really fun driving horse

Eclipse-07122003-2.jpg

Double A Ranch's Cinco-Sundance

"Sundance" -- he's Eclipse's pony as he was bought as a foal as Eclipse's buddy, he's about 42" and "very dun"

SUNDANCE%20--%20070107%20GELDINGS.jpg

Rockets Red Glare

"Rocket" or "Rockets" -- 14.3hh morgan x standardbred riding / driving gelding

smartest horse I ever met -- will give me "hugs"
Rockets-page-2.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Let's see your beloved GELDINGS
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread! I just love geldings! I have 3 right now, 2 are half brothers
default_wub.png
:

The first one here is "Reggie" or also known as "Lil Man". Reggie is a 4 year old silver bay that I showed as a yearling. He will always have a special place in my heart, his personality is just wonderful! Here is a pic of him as a yearling.

regal1_230x250.jpg

Next is Reggie's half brother Pippin. Almost the same personality, I think he thinks he's a dog. He's always looking for some kind of trouble... LOL I showed him as a yearling stallion and then last year as a 2 year old gelding.

pip-regionals_250x187.jpg

and lastly, here is Bondini. He is my newest gelding, he's 1 and has started his show career off with a bang! To date he's been to 5 shows and has taken home 13 grands and reserves! He too has just an awesome personality!

bondini-bethany_2.jpg

Here is my baby.. Willie. He means the world to me! He may never be a Champion at anything, but I don't care.. He is my best buddy!
default_wub.png
:

Here he is from a show this past weekend..

SummerShow0120.jpg

I don't have any geldings in miniature lol but I have a supersized gelding lol Here's my AQHA gelding who is western pleasure bred through and through
default_wub.png
:

101_2899.jpg

Zipstar.jpg

Okay if you insist
default_smile.png

Royal Salsa- ASPC Foundation. Stands in at 38'' as a shetland 36.75'' as a miniature. He is bred by the Royal Pony Farm is Iowa. He brought home a couple grands for us last year, and won a gelding class with 14 horses in it (local show) and went supreme halter horse agianst the QHs, Walkers, Arabs. He is going to ASPC Congress next month for Foundation Halter, Classic Liberty, Hunter and Jumper. May put him in color to.

102_2761.jpg

102_2770.jpg

LTD's White Chief- AMHR 35'' Son of LTD's Magic Man 19x national/world champion H.O.F sire. He does very well in halter classes and jumper/hunter. Currently in training for driving for 08', country pleasure. He is Overo, white body ..blue eyes and the only sign of his pinto markings from his sire Magic Man are in his ears. He is the greatest jumping horse i have ever seen, not being in any way bias lol.

ChiefD.jpg

4-3.jpg

11-1.jpg

Then of course, Coco. 31'' Pinto blue eyed overo. He is strictly just a pet love bug, doesnt show much anymore although i do have a local girl who is going to show him in august. Co always loved shows and seeing everything and getting glammed up and all the attention. I dont have any current pictures of Coco, will get some soon
default_smile.png

Then this guy, i have not announced anything on him yet bc he was as much as suprise to me as anything!! My sister/father bred their welsh mare to a local ASPC stallion, son of Michigans King Pin and the baby came out really nice monday, i'd been keeping a watch on her this past week bc i knew she would go soon although dad and tami swore up and down she had atleast two weeks left, well long story short ..baby arrived monday evening at 4:30pm :bgrin. I liked him ALLOT, well much to my suprise ....they gave him to me as a late birthday present. Hmm, cought me of gaurd lol. But i am so happy bc i was going to offer to buy him from them bc i think he looks really good. He is PTHA and should mature around 41'', his name is "Streaker" and his name will be 'Green Creeks Streak N Suprise', they let me name him and put my farm name on him. Silver Bay Pinto, pictures below are at just at around 16 hours old. I got new pics this morning but will have to post them later. He will be my PTHA show gelding, i've been wanting to get into PTHA since we went to the show last season. His sire is a modern, dam is a fancy moving welsh ....he should be an awsome mover and looker, so far taking after his fathers looks which i am happy about. His neck comes out so high and is so long, beautiful head/ears, great legs, high tailset. I'm really happy with him. Will geld him this winter.

102_2878.jpg

102_2877.jpg

Those are the four mini geldings i have here :bgrin

Oh, we also have a Tennessee Walker gelding, 14.3hh that i am starting to get into riding on agian just a tad bit. Here he is, my dad and sister call him Rosco bc he is straight out of Kentucky, ...i call him Ros or Roscy ...Rosco reminds me of the dukes of hazard lol.

Patience.jpg

awe nice geldings, i don't have one but these guys wanna make me change my mind.

Here are mine....

Erica's Big City Gambling Man, 2006 gelding sired by Little Kings Big City Buck and out of my mare Socks, who is an superior dam, and multi HOF, national champion producer.

ea20455c.jpg

Erica's Jesse James of Wallstreet (AMHR) Wallstreet Jesse James (ASPC), 2004 gelding, who is out driving with Larry Parnell this season. Was the 06 Congress Jr. Champion and Congress Res. Grand champion. He is a son of Wallstreets Rock E The Admiral (and look a lot like his daddy I think)

ed3ff52a.jpg

Then I have a weanling colt I have plans on keeping for my under jr gelding next season...for now he's still intact though as he is only 3 months old.

Revenge -under gelding

e8bafe2c.jpg

My first miniature, Triple B Farms Little Boy Blue, who is resident pasture ornament and lawn mower, as you can tell by his photos (he's just a tad fat ;) but was a champion winner and went on to national top ten...he was my first show horse back in 95 I think it was....

f80b8699.jpg

Here are my geldings.... we don't have any mini geldings yet but will have 2 this fall...

Joe- Arab/QH cross, 15 yrs old

2b52.jpg

Stamschrors Buster "Bus or Buster" - Appendix, 3 yrs old

DSC_4186_3.jpg

We only have 1, but he's the favourite around here
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Tumble Buck of Featherstream, aka Tumble

tumblepermanent.jpg

tumble13.jpg

It is very hard not to have a farm full of geldings. Between my daughter and I we really do like them---a lot. :bgrin

First one is my daughters first one, she bought him on her own and fell in love with him right on the spot at an auction. She showed him for several years and was a great starter horse for her, she taught him how to drive and he does wonderful in parades. He doesn't do much of anything these days but hang around the hay rack with all the preggo mares. Rebel

rebel2.jpg

Next is our 2005 Youth and Amateur Reserve National Champion-Pistol. He is one of my favorites since he reminds me of his Dad (who is the love of my life). This is his first year to drive competitively, and is doing very good. A work still in progress, especially since this is also our first year to drive at the shows.

ef08444f.jpg

And a half brother to the above gelding, this is Mo. We have been ground driving him this past year, but during show season have not really had the time to devote to that. Picking it up again this Fall.

ec4f66fa.jpg

And our future gelding for next year--Wildman, I am terrible--no recent pictures
ea690624.jpg

what a great suprise leanna! cant wait to see more pics

heres our gelding buckeye wcf magical notice. aka jet because of the jet marking. our entire family adores this horse even though technically he is kyles gelding. kyles even letting me show him at congress lol

2006 congress as a weanling

/baxterspaintedpasture.com/jetcongress.JPG

Noteandjet2006.jpg

This year as a yearling

ashland

jetashland-482x356.jpg

jet13-473x349.jpg

We have two! One big, one little.

Here's Roger- our fisrt ever home-bred, who is now a yearling gelding
default_wub.png
:

rogersm1.jpg
rogersm.jpg

And my sister's rescued saddlebred, Sailor:

sailor.jpg

All three of my horses are geldings. So you all will get to see all three of them...

Lyric, my trusty arab gelding.

100_0059.jpg

Ditto, my baby (who is now 6)

100_0060.jpg

And Magic my mini (yes it is possible to only have one mini)

352271404KIgCvx_ph.jpg

Gotta love the geldings!

Here is my show gelding, Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty. He is a mulitple National and World Champion. He has been doing amazing in the show ring this year. Last weekend in Fletcher, NC he took Grands and Reserves. A few weeks ago in Florida he also took Grands and Reserves and 3 Amateur Champion of Champions. He has been to 3 shows this year and has taken Grand or Reserve at every one. He is an amazing show gelding.

e8ba4422.jpg

e8ba4403.jpg

e8ba4342.jpg

Beautiful boys on here :aktion033:

Here are my guys
default_wub.png
:

My first mini ever Ceasar

Ceasar-1.jpg

Our gorgeous new boy we are leasing Silver

silverjump1.jpg

One of my riding gelding a 3 year old Quarter horse Zip

zippy1-2.jpg

zippynme.jpg

My Western performance Horse Spot

spot1.jpg

spot.jpg

My orphan paint gelding Quicksilver

quixpose.jpg

I have a few others but I think that is more than enough for now :bgrin

I have a whole Bunch of horses, but oddly enough, I am one of those weirdo BH ppl who prefer riding mares. I find them to be Much more careful with my children, and just as quick to show me a students flaws.

So I only own 3 geldings! Yikes!

Here is my only mini gelding, though I may have an announcement to make a little later on...
default_whistling.gif
:

This is Neo, and he's my unsung hero! This guy is just the perfect babysitter, and I can trust him with any of the kids. He begs, hugs, and gives kisses. I'm going to break him to drive soon as well! He's the closest thing I've Ever seen to a mini warmblood, and I just adore him!

100_6440.jpg

Then here is Dingo, or Fandango. He's a Quarb who's previous owner saved him, and I have gotten the pleasure of loving him! He's a great guy, and my 'second in command' Caroline, is owned by him.
default_wink.png
:

Here he is in a Way to large halter, getting dressed up for Camp!

th100_6570.jpg

And one of him in a horse show!
default_wub.png
:

IMG_0215.jpg

And here is Obe, he's one of my star show horses. He's a constant ribbon winner in the 2'3 to 2'6 division, and is also a perfect couch apparently.
default_yes.gif
:

Here he is with one of my older girls who's trying to pester me into selling him to her.

100_6582.jpg

And one of him with me over a teeny 2ft fence.
default_smile.png
I was trying to sell him, so had pic's taken, but decided he was worth keeping.

p299463922.jpg

Here is our only gelding he was our first mini and we wouldn't part with him for the world

"Cozy Corners Just Gone Bananas" a grand son of Shadow Oaks Top Banana

he is a silver dapple pinto and is just a great all around horse anyone can drive him

I often take people out who have never driven before and they just love it

we have also taken him driving in a couple parades.

He is just my pal to the end

HPIM0021.jpg

paradebananapooh.jpg

Here is my boy Little Man. He was a rescue a few years ago. He is currently in cart training and has been letting the kids ride him. He is one of my niece's best bud.

LittleManJune82006.jpg

Latest posts

Back