Show me your SILVER BUCKSKINS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I just bought a really cool little silver buckskin colt. I am curious to see some others. Here is mine, just to get the topic started.
default_smile.png

turbo1.jpg

turbohead.jpg

Do yours change color over the course of the year? Did they start their lives lighter color, then darken as they mature? I am having dreams of what this color might look like when he is all grown up.
default_laugh.png

These are my two silver buckskin girly girls. I love the color
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Harrells Flirting With Perfection, a/k/a “Flirt”[/SIZE]

2006 AMHA/AMHR Silver Buckskin Show Filly – Halter Champion

Rowdy and Buckeroo breeding (Daughter of Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, Granddaughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection)

(pictured as a yearling and a 2yo, with "Maddie" color twin in background)

Flrit%201.jpg
Flirt%202.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet, a/k/a “Maddie”[/SIZE]

2003 33" AMHA / AMHR Silver Buckskin Mare w/ Dun Factor

Bred to DunIT (National Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll) for a 2009 Foal

Maddie%201.jpg
Maddie%202.jpg

And you may find this interesting... see them as foals! Crazy how much they change!!!

Flirt:

Flirt%2007102006%204.jpg

Maddie:

Baby%20Maddie%202%20400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's our silver buckskin filly Trixie, her dam was a silver bay and her sire is buckskin,who I believe is silver buckskin also but not tested:

Newborn:

CIMG1944.jpg

3 weeks:

Trixie17days.jpg

Weanling:

101_0883.jpg

Weanling winter coat:

102_1666.jpg

Yearling:

DSCI0010.jpg

Now as a 2 year old:

Trixie5.jpg

Trixie2.jpg

I love her color now
default_wub.png

Here's her sire, his black points look "washed out/faded" which makes me think he too carries silver

101_2713.jpg

100_1498.jpg

Thanks to those who posted, I think my colt is going to look most like your mare Flirt. Very pretty!
default_wub.png

Well I guess the color must be pretty rare! Usually people are all over these color threads!

It is amazing to me the variability within the color, from very light to nearly "true" buckskin. Jill, I think your two girls should be driven as a pair! They are so beautiful. I do believe that is the direction my colt is heading. Here he is as a foal:

turbofoal.jpg

turbofoal2.jpg

I love your new horse
default_wub.png
Very nice
default_smile.png

Here is my silver Buckskin Jedi. He's actually pretty dark I think, he pretty much looks like a regular buckskin in his winter coat but his mane and tail are light. His points are always very dark, even when clipped. I LOVE his color
default_wub.png
Ok, I just love my boy
default_laugh.png
Jedi is sired by Parmela's Spirit and is a paternal brother to Jill's Flirt pictured on this thread. This pic was just after we got him, he's even darker now.

Jedi_side_8_22_08.jpg

This is my gelding (still a stallion in the picture) I believe he is a silver buckskin since all his points are chocolate rather than black and he has amber eyes but he hasn't been tested to prove my theory.
default_smile.png
P;ease excuse his chubbiness, he spent the winter being a companion for a couple of weanlings and had free choice hay, he's not quite so chunky now)

Here is my silver buckskin EJH Bucks Spotlight, sire: Little Kings Robobuck, dam: Mini Worlds Sparklette.

This pic was when I got him last Dec.

spotlight1.jpg

This pic is of him this summer.

DSCN1319.jpg

Here is our silver buckskin pinto Clear Brooks Mo To Talk About "Prince Charming".

334012031.jpg

334012032.jpg

Anyssa Park Egyptian Fantasy

87918.JPG

58731.jpg

58727.jpg

283039.JPG

239595.JPG

504461.jpg

I love buckskins too
default_wub.png
But unfortunately Gypsys mane does tend to look sunbleached because of her silver dilution, so i dye it for big shows.

Here is another silver bucksin, but he's still just a baby
love0034.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Country Smooth Operator, a/k/a “Opie”[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR (futurity nominated) Silver Buckskin Colt with Blaze

Son of Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Hall of Fame Superior Sire and Producer of National GRAND Champions

Grandson of Lazy N Redboy and Great Grandson of the Immortal Rowdy

Out of National Top 3 Producing Mare with Bond Sir Galahad Breeding

Opie-3-head.jpg
Opie-1.jpg

Opie-2.jpg
Opie-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back