Show & Hitch Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wondered why shows have their performance classes so early in the day? So many times, spectators arrive about 10 o'clock, hoping to see something interesting with miniatures, and there is nothing left but halter classes--not exactly exciting for spectators. Why not time those performance/action classes when there is more chance of public viewing? It shows the horse can do more than stand there and look handsome.
I don't know what shows you have gone too but the AMHR shows most of them all of their performance classes are the end of the day, thats also that way at Nationals.

IMO while hitches are amazing and an incredible amount of effort and energy, their showcase are parades and exhibitions, not in the show ring.
I totally disagree. In AMHR you aren't just going around in a circle in the ring. If that was the case I don't see the point too much in the class. You are asked to do patterns, your horse has to do it perfectly and safely. They have to piviot, back up, etc... It is a lot harder then it looks. You really have to get well trained horses to do this class and your horse has to have that right look and movement for it too IMO.

Take away this class and I assure you their won't be too many happy campers and some folks may go away totally.

I will be driving my four in hand in ADS competition starting this year.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back