show help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

I can see this is a hot topic..... I haven't been on here (haven't had time)...... but from my own experience.. with getting words of wisdoome from the wise and putting it too thee test....... I myself am working on getting a EXTREMLY fat broodmare (not as old, but she was SO FAT)....... in to show condition now for next show season! And here in Nebraska......... right now is in the single digests! I have NOOOOO indoor arena and it's also all but dark when I get home from work...... SO........... all I have to go on right now (and I might ad, if I don't start now...... spring will NOT be enough time to get this woman in shape for the show pen!)....... I started about a month-2 months ago........ I can tell you it does NOT have so much to do with the excersice as much as it has to do with the FEEDING program!!!! I can't stress enough how much that has to do with it! And she also wears a neck/and body wrap....... Which means she also has to be kept clipped in those areas....... This also takes some MAJOR dedication for this part of the country and time of year! I also have several blankets and blizzard neck deals for her to wear when she isn't wearing her wraps...... but boy....... I dang sure can tell a BIG difference! Yeah....... she still has a bit of a belly....... and that will come off with excersise....... But man.......... I'm sure liking what I see...... I didn't know this gal had such a GREAT neck and clean throat lache! I'm starting to think not just the kids will beable to show this one in halter!!! lol!! So I believe the feed program is JUST as important as the rest (conditioning)........ That's if you want to be placing with the big boys! lol!
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back