show halters for Silver dapples

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstar

Reaction score
I would like to choose a new noseband colour for my silver dapple and i cant decide!! Please could those with silver dapples post pics of yours in their shopw halters so i can get some ideas??

Here is my Silver dapple Inky. He changes colour throughout the year so i need something that matches all year!! I have a show halter from Starlake miniatures and would need to get the BKM noseband.

http://starlakefarm.com/miniaturehorseshowhalters.html

inkyb4wehill008.jpg

P1040453_edited.jpg

P1040447.jpg

And this is him last week ( please ignore hairy leg warmers, head and round belly!! )

P1050448.jpg

many thanks

I personally find that Black with silver piping and silver conchos just the most elegant combination.

I use a black halter with silver trim and a burgundy noseband on my silver dapple filly. Love those halters from Cathy at Star Lake.

Barbie

I've always liked burgundy and black on silver horses. I am also a fan on black with silver piping. With the silver and gray horses, I always prefer the silver trim and hardware instead of gold.

Good luck with your choice
default_smile.png

Jen

I'm getting ready to order a halter for my silver dapple gelding, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do black with silver piping. I'm getting the flared noseband. I'm hoping that this will help a horse who does have a pretty head, but not the most refined, and a tad long.

Here's Simply Awesome. First picture is plain black leather halter (when he was a bit younger). Second one is silver on the noseband. It's the one we use now.

awesomeHAMES.jpg

2006Awesome-croppedtrot2.jpg

Its official I also have a Silver Dapple though shes a pinto with blue eyes.

I also will be buying a halter LOL.

Here are some of Alladdin. This halter has a very delicate noseband, and I got it with plain sides so I could use a concho. I actually don't like it terribly much like this, because I think Alladdin is just too tiny to pull off the concho look. I think he might look better with the ferrule sides.

liz4.jpg

OG2007-Halter2.jpg

This one is too big for him but I really like the look. I may get him a smaller one this year.

Pangraf02.jpg

Here is a beaded one that I made for him. I actually removed the sides off this one and want to try using this noseband with the regular cable sides. These photos were taken when he was young and still had teeth bumps, and the angles are funky but you can see what the noseband itself looks like.

headshot.jpg

showhalter.jpg

I love halter shopping. :D

My preference for silver dapples is either burgundy with silver hardware or black with silver piping
default_smile.png
Here are two of my silver dapple girls -- Lou sporting a black Victor with silver trim and Hope wearing a burgundy Designer with silver trim:

Lou-Halter-1.jpg
Lou-Halter-2.jpg

Hope-Halter-2.jpg
Hope-Halter-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like silver and blue on my boy but then with his face white and blue eyes it really helps.

This is the first halter I bought. That was before I knew that beaded halters weren't the in thing!
default_rolleyes.gif

Picture034.jpg

Now he has this one and I love it!

Tee2July1407.jpg

I think black with Silver on it is really a persons best bet.

I would go for a black and silver or aqua marine and silver..

I have both for my silver dapple .. will take photos of the weekend and post !

I love the third photo of Inky .

Good luck showing him this year .

Casilda

HA HA the results of this post are quite funny!! The halter i have already is black with silver piping so i think ill stick with that!!! Thanks everyone!!

Yep, I would say black with silver piping or else a silver bar noseband. The black w/silver piping suits most horses, but there are some that I think just look so much nicer in the silver bar nosebands--Showtime has a few that are especially nice.

Latest posts

Back