Show clothes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilightranch

Reaction score
Hi just trying to figure out what outfits are exceptable to were in hatler classes for a girl. Can you were outfits like people were in QH halter?? Thank you Brittney

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear the same outfit that I wear showing my friends Quarterhorse, but I am the only one around this area that does it. Everyone else is showing like at a dog show, lol, drives me nuts, they are horses. Just my pet peeve.

I wear the same thing showing minis as I do paint horse except I usually dont wear a hat for minis if it is too hot out
default_smile.png
. I generally stick to the showmanship jacket style though.

Typical show clothing at local shows are dress pants, usually black for hiding dirt and make up, and a nice jacket and shirt. Most people don't wear a lot of "Bling", but it's acceptable. But it's nice if you can find a shirt or jacket with some rhinestones and spangles. Watch for glitter - you have to make absolutely sure it won't shed or that can get you disqualified. Just be careful that it's long enough so when you bend and reach to set feet, you're not showing more to the judge than you want to!

Hats are not usually worn by girls at halter. You will need leather shoes, half boots, or full boots, but cowboy boots aren't required.

After holiday sales or Good will or Salvation Army is a great place to find shirts and pants, and occasionally jackets. Then you're not out much when they get dirty or ruined.

Latest posts

Back