show cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streaker

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a terrible time trying to find a used show cart? Everytime I think I find one its sold..... they can't possibly be that scarce.... unless everyone that has one doesn't want to let it go
default_smile.png

Since Houghton went out of business, good used show carts are a hot commodity. That left Jerald as one manufacturer, and I don't know if Superior or Graber or some of the others are still around. Double Diamond is now making show carts.

I bought my first used Houghton for $800, 2nd (with chrome) for $1200. That was 8 years ago, and I could sell either for more than double what I paid. Since I cannot replace them for what it cost me, I am not selling even though I currently have more carts than I have driving horses!

You have to act fast when you see them come up. Someone WILL buy it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm another one VERY happy to have a Houghton. I bought it new in 2001 or 2002 and wouldn't trade it -- not even for what I could sell it for these days
default_laugh.png

default_saludando.gif
Yup, everyone is holding on to theirs even if we aren't useing them at the moment. I'll let you know if and when I decide but don't hold your breathe. Will you be at the show on the 31st or are you headed to Hopkinton that day. Wanted to go to Hopkinton but Lizzie decided to go to CMHC instead for her cousin to show. Great kid if I do say so myself. Did you find a driving horse yet for Sabriana.

default_saludando.gif
Yup, everyone is holding on to theirs even if we aren't useing them at the moment. I'll let you know if and when I decide but don't hold your breathe. Will you be at the show on the 31st or are you headed to Hopkinton that day. Wanted to go to Hopkinton but Lizzie decided to go to CMHC instead for her cousin to show. Great kid if I do say so myself. Did you find a driving horse yet for Sabriana.
Thats nice Diane!!!! I am holding my breath hahahahaha nope haven't found a driving horse for Sabrina yet. I do wish I could go to Hopkinton I always have alot of fun there but we are going to CMHC since its so close to us
default_wink.png
it would be silly not to go.

Frank

I got mine from a farm going out of business. With the prices today that is a great way to get one. We had a yard sale and some lady saw my cart sitting in the garage (behind our carriage for our percherons to do the weddings) so was hidden well and had wheel and cover on it. This old lady closed the garage sooo quick. She ask if it was for sale and wanted to know what mini stuff i had to sell. Good lesson learned. I keep the garage shut now. Couldn't afford to loose my show cart , training cart and the big guys carriage.

We bought a Superior new (and yes, they are still in business) and we bought a used Jerald one year at Nationals. We use them both & at times could use another one. Like them both - but LOVE the Jerald

Last edited by a moderator:
A local guy once knocked on my door to sell a show cart. He wanted 1500. I dont know if that is high. But we took a look. It was the crushed velvet and brass decor. It was a 2 seater. I am not sure if it was worth it or not. But to me it sounded like a lot for a used cart. I was thinking more of 800.00 but he said 1000.00 was the lowest. Maybe I should reconsider????

I couldn't begin to say not seeing the cart but if someone instantly comes off the price by 1/3, it would make me wonder. I can tell you, I'd not sell my Hougton now for $1,500
default_smile.png

nope-- wouldn't sell either one of ours for that price. AND is more than I paid for either one of them.

I am one who has more carts than horses that drive. I have 2 Jeralds, another 2 shows cart that I am not sure of the brand but its very similar to the Jerald plus a Serafin (spelled that one wrong!! ) and my trusty easy entry cart. My daughter calls me a cart ho
default_rolleyes.gif
rder!! At one point I was thinking of selling one, but then its the decision of which one? :DOH!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

We're cart junkies, too. We have Jerald, Superior and Houghton show carts, two Meadowbrrok/EE carts, plus have a friend's smaller Superior show cart.

Jane is selling the Houghton- it's gorgeous! Burgundy and gold closed wheel. It's for a larger Mini. We do have an offer on it right now, but if it falls through....
default_wink.png

Lucy

Thanks to L'il Beginnings we just bought two nice used Graber show carts and two nice harnesses from a couple who live only an hour away for very reasonable prices!

Can anyone give me info on where I should buy cases for them at?

Try contacting Gini at chanchesminihorse rescue.I understand they are selling a very nice Jerald to raise money for a surgery for a recent rescue.Not sure where the cart is, but with both nationals coming up you could probably get someone to haul it for you to either 1 and pick it up from there.Good luck.

Nationals and World are both good places to look for used carts. You may not find any bargains, for reasons already mentioned, but there are always some for sale there. I have two Jeralds, an older one and a new one, and wouldn't go of either one right now.

Jan

Latest posts

Back