Show and Paddock names help :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie.C

Reaction score
So my one and only foal finally arrived last Friday.

A super cute 16" black and white filly.

Not wanting to use sire and dam names.

Stud Prefix is Figtree Lodge

image.jpg

Very cute Congratulations.
default_thumbup.gif

My very favorite color.She can come live here with me anytime.I LOVE foals.Sometimes you just have to observe a foal for a few days and a name that suits and fits her will just come to you.Had a colt a few years ago that was always the ring leader of the bunch-came running into the barn at feeding time with all the other foals behind him,turned around and took everybody back out.Named him Lotsa Trouble.He lived up to his name.Let us know what you call the baby.

I, too, once named a colt by his personality! It stuck and then we fitted a registered name around it. He was quite the "rascally" guy and was forever known as Rascal.

No names come to mind while viewing the pics of your filly. BUT I love the other suggestion and you could also use "Addie" as a barn name.

I, too, would love to know the name you pick.

Figtree Lodge Frosted Ebony... just a play in words on the colors

This is my first post. I had to join to try and help name this little beauty.

When I looked at the photo the first thing that came to mind was "Oreo".

FigTree Lodge Lil' Oreo

I have never named a horse before. I don't even own a horse..........yet. We are looking in to getting a mini. But that is a whole other topic and I don't want to side track this thread.

Beautiful little one you have there!!!

My friend had a biggie horse named Talitha. I always loved that name. It means "little girl" It can be fancy for a show name and it rolls off the tongue nicely for a barn call name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talitha_(given_name)

Talitha is also the name of two stars in a constellation mentioned in the link I attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has her registered name Figtree Lodge All Dolled Up.

Still no paddock name, was going to call her Dolly but it just doesn't suit her.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She has her registered name Figtree Lodge All Dolled Up.

Still no paddock name, was going to call her Dolly but it just doesn't suit her.
I always named our TB baby's nicknames first then we came up with the racing names which never matched the nicknames. For example:

Jazzy (from her personality) -> Sassafrass Slew

Buck (he looked like the color of a deer when he was little) -> Bohimia Slew

Ester (short for Estrellita (Little Star) -> PowerPoint

Whinny (that all she did when she was little, never heard a horse whinny so much) -> D'Roake

So you dont have to get a nickname from the show name
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back