Should This Mare Be Tested For LWO? Is she an Overo?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windwalker

Reaction score
Hi I just bought this mare and was wondering if I should have her tested for LWO before breeding her.

Is she an overo or ????

Thanks

babluv1.JPG

babluvlft1.JPG

babyluv1.JPG

Her pattern is splashed white in appearance, but she could be carrying LWO as well. Wouldn't hurt to test to be on the safe side. Pretty mare!
default_smile.png

I would test her unless I was ABSOLUTELY SURE that the stallion was LWO negative. She looks like splash overo, but if the stallion is LWO+ (or could be) then the cost of testing is well worth it!

You could for sure get her registered with PtHA!

She appears to be a splashed white pattern, but I certainly would test her for the lethal white gene before breeding her.

Hi I just bought this mare and was wondering if I should have her tested for LWO before breeding her.

Is she an overo or ????

Thanks

babluv1.JPG

babluvlft1.JPG

babyluv1.JPG

I would test her, given that she has frame overos in her close background.

Her base pattern is Splash and as she has colour over the ears she should have full, normal hearing.

The Splash pattern could easily hide Frame, so I would test her.

I would test her unless I was ABSOLUTELY SURE that the stallion was LWO negative. She looks like splash overo, but if the stallion is LWO+ (or could be) then the cost of testing is well worth it!

You could for sure get her registered with PtHA!

just out of curiosity ... my falabella is solid black but he has tested positive for frame (LWO) and he has produced what seem to be splashed white offspring (his dam is splashed white) , could he get registered with PtHA ? He doesnt look pinto but his dna says he is !

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back