short legs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prairie ponies

Reaction score
My granddaughter is getting ready to show in her first driving class. Her legs are too short to reach the floor of the show cart. What do you use to place children's feet on? I'm trying to think of something that will stay in place and not bounce around that I can put in the basket? Maybe there are rules as to what she can use?

Not sure what type of cart you have. Short legged folks sometimes get a foot rail attached on the cart basket or attach a wooden box and put rubber matting on to of it to raise the floor for short legs to reach. Hard to balance and maintain posture with legs dangling so I would do something.

Ok, I think the foot rail is a good idea for her. I didn't think of that. It's a nice Jerald show cart. Thank you!

You could also do removable wooden "foot stool". Just a 4x4 block - can be left unfinished or finished. Holes drilled thru can allow it to be bolted on to floor or front of the cart or it can be tied on with rope, string, cord or leather straps. Could even use heavy duty Velcro...

We had to do the same thing with blocks in the adult stirrups on our saddles in the 60s/70s. I didn't grow up with anything smaller than a 14" seat with a regular stirrup (western).

Latest posts

Back