Shoppers Drug Mart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that gets me is when anybody has drug, alcohol, eatting issues, or self injury issue its all about the outside people it hurts, nobody ever seems to think what the reasons are that are behind it. It actually has to do with the person who has the issue not everybody around them.
I agree with this...a lot of people who have disruptive behavior of any kind is attributed to issues they have with themselves, whether it be that they hate themselves, their life, had a bad childhood, or whatever.

I'm guessing the majority of people here who hear stories about gang members, child abusers, rapist, murderers, etc. get upset because the innocent are affected. (I'm sure some people here have even been personally affected by something along these lines.) Most of those people hurt others because they too have inner issues stemming from their childhood or something that has happened to them. But some do violent things just because they can, with really no reason...just like a lot of people who abuse drugs and alcohol simply start out because of peer pressure or curiousity.

I see the other side. When you tell someone ( I will use a close example here) hey, you need to take ME out, pay ME some attention and they dont for YEARS but then take off with their 'friends' at the slightest call. Then yes, its about how they mistreat those around them with little to no care on how it effects them. I have zero patience for people like that. Happy and tickled when they get treatment, but still have no patience.

I dont see that as anywhere near the same thing. You can just hang up an addiction. Regardless if you are clean and for how long it will always be there nagging you.

I agree I would feel uncomfortable standing around addicts waiting for their drug. Around here we have clinics which evaluate you and distubute the methadone. I still think some take advantage of this for years, I know of a few.

My son is a addict, has struggled for 10 yrs, he is now 2 yrs clean. He went the NA route. First the horrible detox, then support, support, support! Still the meetings almost everyday. He had to change his people, places and friends. This means he is no longer that close to us, but he is CLEAN.
default_aktion033.gif

I am pround he is staying clean, its a battle everyday for him. Went thru horrible times , where we had to kick him out of our lives and home. Tough Love stinks!

Latest posts

Back