Shipping to the UK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has any info on who I should be contacting to ship an ASPC from Ohio to the UK. Any help will be gratefully recieved,

Thanks in advance,

Jane.

I have not shipped to the UK, but I did ship several horses to other overseas countries. In all cases, the shipping and quatantine arrangements were the duty of the buyer. They always contacted someone in their country to check into/arrange things as it can be quite a complicated process.

Thanks for the reply. I realise that we have to do this, however, I do not know of any shippers in Ohio,and was wondering if anyone either knew of any, or had any other information that would help. When I lived in the UK I imported a colt and he first had to be transported to the facility that arranged the international shipping. They are no use to me though, as they are in Texas.

Again, any help recieved with thanks,

Jane

Yes, any shipper (provided the buyer approves) can haul your horse(s) to the quarantine facility of your their choice. They would arrange/pay.

There are places in Ohio and Kentucky that do quarantine but I'm not sure if any of them accept ponies or minis as they tend to specialize in Thoroughbred racehorses. Waterford-Millford is one that does racehorse quarantine to Europe in the Lexington, KY area - http://www.millford.com/

Call Marion at Oasis Miniatures in Texas. They are doing the quarantine and shipping our mare to Holland for the buyer. They came highly recommended. If you go on their website it has lots of information. Our mare should be picked up soon and headed their way. I hope this info helps.

Barb Davis

DreamCatcher Farms

Dunbar, Nebraska

Thank you Barb, I have emailed them and hope to have positive news.

Latest posts

Back