Shipping puppies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candleliteranch

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Delta concerning shipping a puppy? I may be shipping a pup to Tampa FL. I have used Continental before and they were fine but they want to send her all the way from Pittsburgh PA to Houston TX and then to Tampa. Delta will layover in Atlanta or Cleveland and it's a much shorter flight. I've never shipped Delta before (rarely ship puppies) so am looking for any feedback good or bad. Thanks to any that can help!

I have shipped numerous pups through Delta in the past, no problem. Just be sure to check what their requirements are as they will differ from your previous carrier(s).
default_yes.gif
:

As far as I know you CAN NOT ship any live ships into FL until its below 80 degrees. Many animals died on the Tarmac in Jacksonville, it was all over the news. I think they said last week of Oct, to Nov?? Might want to ck into that. Sorry I had tried to ship out a live Peacock, and that is what I was told.

Delta is an excellent carrier for pets. Yes, they do strictly enforce the temperature regulations. All regualtions for that matter. If you are shipping a short nosed breed, then the temperature requirement is even lower than for regular breeds.

Make sure you have your veterinarian put a acclamation statement on your health certificate. If you are unable to work anything out with Delta, pm me and I can give you the name of a carrier who flys puppies out late at night thus, avoiding the heat. I breed Frenchies and Pugs so, I have to deal with heat embargos a great deal.

Peg Balthazor

My MIL ships fish out of Tampa every week and I think she uses Delta, she was using some of the others but I think she's exclusively shipping with Delta now. She raises tropical fish.

karen

All I can add is make sure you have ALL the money up front
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks everybody! I can't find her a flight that she'd be crated for less than 8 hours and I feel that isn't in her best interest so she'll have to find a new home closer to PA. In the future if I need to ship a puppy I won't hesitate to use Delta thanks to you!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back