Shipping a puppy to Germany

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanH

Reaction score
I have a person in Germany that would like one of my white shepherd puppies. I have shipped in the continental US, but never over seas.

Can anyone tell me their experiences? Good? Bad? What to do/not do? What documents/vaccines are needed, permits?

h_lady1_02-03-2008.jpg

Jean

I know with shipping kittens out of the country I have gotten ahold of the USDA for requirements for each country. The USDA will also have to endorse the health certificate for the puppy after everything is in order and vaccinations/exams done There are also companies that deal exclusively in pet export and they can arrange everything for you also. They are expensive but will make sure all the documents are in order. Some airlines will not even take an animal unless you go through pet shipping company. You will most likely have to have your vet order a microchip for Europe too. It is called a Euro Chip and made by Avid.

I have shipped to the Netherlands, England and Hondouras and not had any problems with the long flights.

Good Luck

Jean -

You might try getting a hold of Lorraine Callis. I do believe she has shipped some of her Havanese oversear. PM me if you like and I will give you here phone number.

Mark

Beatiful pup Jean - geeze, one of these days I am going to totally cave! Don't ya just wish you could keep them at this age tho - still have that baby look, but with a regal carriage & intelligent expression like your pup.

Congrats on a beautiful litter, I am sure that all the pups have gone to wonderful homes.

Stac

Talk with your vet. You will need to get a hold of the USDA in your area. Your vet should have their number. You will need a health certificate from your vet, that you take to the USDA for them to review and emboss a 2nd health certificate from them. All shots will have to be up to date. The health certificate from the USDA is only good for a couple of days, so you need to have the fight booked and hope that all goes well and there are no weather delays.

Depending on where you are shipping, each country has different rules. I had one buyer from, I think it was Brazil, where I actually had to go in person to the Brazilian Counsolate for their signature. I could not fax it and the Counsulate was in Chicago and I live in Minnesota, a 8 hour drive one way. Needless to say, I did not sell that puppy to Brazil.

I have sold to England, Ireland, Switzerland, Austrailia and Singapore and did not have any trouble. I always used North West Airlines.

Some countries require quarantine. I am not sure if Germany is one of them. Hopefully the USDA

will know all the rules.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Shelley

Latest posts

Back