Shipper Out Of Business?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
I had a quote months back from Hauled Wright, so yesterday I tried to call or email to book a spot on their schedule. Their phones are out-of-service, website seems to be down much of the time and I am getting frustrated. Does anyone know if they are still in business? If not who can I contact for west coast shipping? Thanks.

I had a quote months back from Hauled Wright, so yesterday I tried to call or email to book a spot on their schedule. Their phones are out-of-service, website seems to be down much of the time and I am getting frustrated. Does anyone know if they are still in business? If not who can I contact for west coast shipping? Thanks.
I had to email them to get a quote,, but they replied very fast. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they are... they've been my favorite!

From what I understand they are out of business but Lisa was booking rides. I used them a couple weeks ago and a fantastic driver brought my mare to me. You have to email.

I have a buyer who booked transport for a horse months ago with them but they never showed and she was told that there had been a mistake made. So she booked transport with them for the same horse, and didn't hear another word from them, and they never showed. Again.
default_wacko.png
I've never had such a thing happen with any other transport companies, whether I'm sending or receiving horses. My buyer has now booked a different transport company, and will be getting her horse home months later than originally planned.

If they are "out of business", why are they booking rides?

I know 1st hand that they are NOT in business any longer. There is a gal that occaisionally answers phones for them - but is just acting as a booking agent for other companies.

Most of their business is being re-directed to Danny Gilder - we just used him to haul a mini from WA to LA - they were WONDERFUL and affordable. 573-225-4639

I know 1st hand that they are NOT in business any longer. There is a gal that occaisionally answers phones for them - but is just acting as a booking agent for other companies.

Most of their business is being re-directed to Danny Gilder - we just used him to haul a mini from WA to LA - they were WONDERFUL and affordable. 573-225-4639
I'm looking for a shipper from PA to BC for my recently-rescued mare. Does he have an email I can contact him at? Our house phones don't work right now and I can't afford long-distance calling on my cheap cell phone!

For those looking for shipping, try travelinghorse.com. You will receive a number of quotes from a variety of shippers. At all different prices. It pays to shop around! Also, check the LB Transportation board.

And last but not least, advertise for someone traveling to and from AMHR Nationals and AMHA World Show. Sometimes very reasonable transport can be found that way.

Dannie Gilder hauled my mare, he is such a great guy !

Here is his email and website:

[email protected]

www.dustygilder.com

I had a horse go to CA with Wings Horse Transport. Buyer had used them before and was very happy with them. I can't get their web address to come up now, but they are listed on the travelinghorse site.

Jan

I also got confirmation last night that they are no longer in business. I'm sorry to know it
default_sad.png

Thank everyone for the information, I have contacted a couple of shippers. Yes, a lady emailed me back that the owners of Hauled Wright unexpectedly closed their business and put employees and clients in a bind. After all of the compliments about their conscientious services I would like to think that something serious happened that they had no control over.

Can someone please tell me when exactly they went out of business? Do you know?

Robin, I think if you email [email protected] , a person there will answer with the information you need.

I was really counting on them hauling Squirt for me... it's not until next fall and now I'm wondering if I should go to Erica's and pick him up myself. AND don't we know what that might mean? Hauling more than Squirt home. I'd be like a kid in a candy store!

I contacted as recently as July 7 and they were still giving out quotes and scheduling. I guess it is a good thing their dates didn't work for me.....

That's still no excuse for leaving people in the lurch with their transport, with no communication. The very least they could have done is notify people with pending transport that it was not going to happen.

I tried contacting him but got no response, just like the other 20 or so "transport companies" I didn't get responses from. I only got 1 person who replied, and they couldn't do it
unsure.gif
. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with no hauler and a mare in PA that needs to get to Canada

Have you tried Linda Reinders? She lives in Canada and has hauled two horses for me to PA. She is both reasonable and very knowledgeable. I would give you her email but am out of town and do not have her info. I do know that she makes that trip from PA into Canada often.

I used Troja Horse Transport...and they were very friendly, professional, reasonable and kept in contact!
default_aktion033.gif

Back