Shetland breeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what is called a Euro collar over here and a brollar? over there?

Problem over here is they are too big for most mini's and the quality of the leather we get is very poor.

Couple of friends got them and were not impressed. However I bet there are better quality ones across the pond.
I don't have mini's........just two grade ponies (40" & 41")......gee, I'll have to look in to those.....we're looking for harnesses and don't want to get the breast collar type.
Check this place out. They have real scaled down working collars and have Deep V/ Freedom collars.

Got this info from another person on another list....was glad she posted it. I went ahead and bought their Freedom collar and will give it a try. When I get more money.. I plan to get their scaled down Collar and Hames...as I want to pair Maggie and her daughter up.

http://www.camptownharness.com/index.php?p...0b44a7d0ff743f7

If you have the bigger ones the Euro collar should work. But look for the higher end nice leather.

I make all my own harness.

I have just started to make my posh show harness for the show season 2007. thoght I'd make it a bit fancy, now regretting it as it is taking a long time.
But I bet it will be very pretty and well worth the extra time! You will have to post pictures when you are done.
default_yes.gif
:

Check this place out. They have real scaled down working collars and have Deep V/ Freedom collars.Got this info from another person on another list....was glad she posted it. I went ahead and bought their Freedom collar and will give it a try. When I get more money.. I plan to get their scaled down Collar and Hames...as I want to pair Maggie and her daughter up.

http://www.camptownharness.com/index.php?p...0b44a7d0ff743f7

If you have the bigger ones the Euro collar should work. But look for the higher end nice leather.
LOVELY harnesses! Not sure if I can talk my husband in to spending $800 on a harness, but at this point we only need one (both ponies have nearly identical measurements and our cart is for a single pony only) so MAYBE I can do it.

The problem with looking on a website is knowing whether it's good leather or not. I found a few places that offer the "euro collars" but it's very hard to tell if they're good quality or not. If Wally were available I'd just hire a eurocollar made.
default_wink.png
:

I just frightened myself, Normally I drive in breast harness and thought full collars might look nice for shows.

The cheapest I can make a Shetland pony collar is £500 each! So for pairs alone the collars will be £1000.

They will be getting breast harness pairs collars methinks.

No kidding, I frightened myself with that! :eek: :eek:

Trouble is, mini saddles and collars take as much time to make as a big saddle. Okay there is a bit less leather in them, but time is the factor that makes them expensive.

Latest posts

Back