She's Here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
I found the one! and drove down to Kentucky yesterday to get her.

Margarita (or "Rita" as we'll call her) is a lovely 3 year old 44" Hackney Pony. She's been shown at the futurities and did well. She's green broke to drive (if that's green broke then I can hardly wait to see what REALLY broke is) and is an absolute doll! She's spunky but sane and an absolute sweetheart. Rita responds nicely to voice commands and gosh is she a quiet, well behaved girl!! I'm in love already.

Rita has snappy front action (currently in just keg shoes) and tho' her rear isn't quite as snappy she still looks nice in harness. She's a bit small to be competitive in the Harness Pony ring and and her neck isn't quite as long as the going style in the halter ring. Still, she's a pretty spiffy girl and will do well for our purposes.

Her owner/breeder is a sweet man who is very quiet with his ponies. He has had Hackneys for 40 years now and recently moved from a 16 acre farm to a 4 acre farm and has been gradually reducing his pony numbers (currently down to 9 from 19). Boy does he have some lovelies in the barn (I would have LOVED to sneak that black stallion on my trailer)!! It's nice to finally have a pony who has had a good start with a quiet handler.

I'm hoping to get current photos of Miss Rita in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh congratulations.

I just added last week a 46" Hackney mare, who is a daughter of Nightheir, a World Champion Hackney. So I am pretty excited. We are getting ASPR papers on her to show her at the ASPC/AMHR shows.

I just added last week a 46" Hackney mare, who is a daughter of Nightheir, a World Champion Hackney. So I am pretty excited. We are getting ASPR papers on her to show her at the ASPC/AMHR shows.
This filly is sired by Kilbro's Ernesto (Mr. Amigo son) out of a Marks Snuffy daughter.

Sounds like there are a lot of people out there getting hackneys lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures - she sounds lovely and the perfect size for ASPR.
default_yes.gif
:

Well of course the weather hasn't been cooperating. Rain, Rain, Rain. Good thing our property is sand based or we'd be in a mucky mess.

Latest posts

Back