Share your few spotted appy.I would love to see them

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow I have own several grays but never had one WHITE like her weird.I didn't know gray would be so white.She is 5 yrs old.I own minis older then her that gray out but look gray not white.She is sure a pretty WHITE color (Looks Neat)I sure was hoping she wasn't gray because any foals she has that is wildly marked could gray out
default_sad.png
.Don't get me wrong I like gray to, but love wildly marked ones as well
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone.

okay if I could get enough money to test her with animal genetics what sure I test her for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that silver added to grey will cause the horse to lighten very quickly. I have an ee TT Gg nS (chestnut homozygous pinto with grey and silver modifiers) . She is very white. Doesn't look grey at all. She has looked 'white ' since she was three.

It's probably the combination of appy and grey-Would love to see pictures of her as a foal.

I would test for LP, grey, tobiano and leave it that. Her brother greyed very quickly and I believe it was the appy/grey combo. I don't think there's silver here-the sire doesn't carry it and I think the dam is listed as black pinto if I remember correctly from Melissa's other post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The grays in my avatar both carry silver and turned gray or are turning gray quickly. The dam was totally gray for her weanling registration photos while her filly still shows some color at 6 months. Neither has ANY app blood in their pedigree as far back as I could check and because I am a pinto purist, I did check. Both are pintos (PtHA registered), and both have mottling on the nose and around the genitals. If you didn't know better, you might swear they were Apps.

It's probably the combination of appy and grey-Would love to see pictures of her as a foal.

I would test for LP, grey, tobiano and leave it that. Her brother greyed very quickly and I believe it was the appy/grey combo. I don't think there's silver here-the sire doesn't carry it and I think the dam is listed as black pinto if I remember correctly from Melissa's other post.
I would like to see her brother do you have photo of him?

Googling her sire's name brings up a webpage which shows him and his greying.

Latest posts

Back