Share Your Before/After Clipping Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I clipped Rowdy today. In his 7 years he's never had a clip and I think he did pretty well. By the end, he was fed up so I'll have to fine tune later. I did find some fungal spots so I'm glad I went ahead and clipped him. It's chilly tonight, so he's in a blanket. I've had him since last fall so I was anxious to see what he looked like under the hair. I used my cell phone to take before/after but the pictures are too lousy to share. He is not as refined as I would have liked to see; his legs are quite sturdy. Guess those sturdy legs will be good for his harness work. The ears were a nice surprise, though!

Here's pictures of our 2016 babies before and after clipping. Dancer (bay pinto filly) is tiny and refined with a dishy head. Dusty (buckskin splash colt) is refined with a dishy head. Clipping him showed a stripe down his back. His grandsire was a smoky grullo but his medicine hat mother looks black. Hill have to get both tested to be sure.

CAM01995.jpg

CAM02102.jpg

CAM02044.jpg

CAM02108.jpg

Latest posts

Back