Severe anxiety...please help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
Thank-you to those that replied.

Life will go on.

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue, your husband is such a doll! I have no supports groups, but I am here if you need me. I know how anxiety can be. I have PMDD and I have meds for that similar to what you are taking. I would tell the doctor that the idea of switching meds when Xanax is working is really stressing you out and you would prefer not to switch if at all possible. Remember, they are there to listen to you, not the other way around, no matter what they say.

I hope you guys got the Electricity fixed. If not, call out an electrician and have him put your mind at ease with a clean bill of house health! It would be worth it!

stacy

Last edited by a moderator:
Xanax and Valium are both highly prone to addiction.

I would definitely seek an alternative to taking these drugs.

There are MANY MANY excellent drugs on the market for anxiety and OCD. You just haven't found the right one.

Go BACK to your doctor and ask for something different instead of the Lexapro. Keep trying until you find the one that makes you feel right.

It is trial and error, but well worth the effort.

I would recomend increasing your juice by another oz and get a meditation tape..... I found them helpful. Lauralee is very right...Xanax and valium are HIGHLY addictive and then you have another problem to deal with. Often too talking to a good therapist not just someone who wants to give you meds. A councellor of sorts can help a great deal.

Hope you are feeling better soon Sue.

Lyn

Hi

I used to take Lexapro but when I told my Dr that every time I drove past the cematary I would think about how peaceful it was there :new_shocked: we decided to try something else.

Right now I use something called clonazepam and it takes the edge off. I'm a worrier I worry about everything!!!!

I too have issues with anxiety. About a year and half ago, I got really bad and finally went to doctor. He helped a great deal in helping me find ways to deal with the issues I was anxious over and also prescribed Wellbutrin. Like you, I've always been a control freak and sometimes controlling myself is the hardest part. But with professional help and some chemical assistance (chemicals are GOOD!), I've been able to train myself to decompress. I've been off the Wellbutrin for 4 months now and haven't been back to the doctor in 6. I'm doing pretty good but have moments when I get stressed. It takes time with some will power to get it under control. One thing I've learned is that I can't control what happens but I can control my mind and how it responds. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here! :saludando:

Thank-you for the responses, pms and emails.

It means a lot. More than you know. (well, maybe you do, having been where I am, and I do Thank you)

There is a light at the end of the tunnel....I just have to find it,hopefully, soon.

And this is interesting....the ONE thing I don't worry about?????? Earthquakes.

Sue

Being a hypnotherapist I am all for hypnosis, however I think you need to do what your doing for awhile and get yourself regulated chemically first. Then you could go for a session and they can teach you to bring yourself down and do relaxation excercises.

I have seen it work wonders BUT please continue what your doing with counseling and meds.

Hope your doing a little better now.

Many people have the same issues so never feel like your alone out there. This forum is a wealth of information!

Hugs

Bonnie
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back