Serta - Sealy - Simmons - Too Many Choices!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
I'm starting to look at getting a new mattress, and am overwhelmed by all the choices! :517: Any suggestions?
default_unsure.png
:

Liz R.

I have a verlo pillowtop and love it. :aktion033: Not sure where all Verlo is though.
default_wacko.png
:

Hmmm good question!!! You just made me go check my beds in the house, and darn if I can't find the tags on them!
default_wacko.png
: Lakota's sleeping on the day bed and try moving 110 lbs. of solid muscle when she's too comfty to move her hiney. I "think" mine may be Sertas. My suggestion is try them out because I know there are different degrees of softness/hardness to individual brands. But ummm...whatever you do, make sure it does'nt come from "Bedrock"!!! :lol:

We have a Temprapedic (sp) clone mattress......(sort of a foam that conforms to your body).

Both Larry and I like it, but it was a bit of a switch from a waterbed! :new_shocked:

MA

I'm starting to look at getting a new mattress, and am overwhelmed by all the choices! :517: Any suggestions?
default_unsure.png
:

Liz R.
Good luck with your research Liz. Let me know what you decide on. I will be in search of a new mattress soon. My old ones are just past their prime, kind of like the person that sleeps on them.
default_sad.png

I have always been a Simmons kind of guy. My father was in the furniture business all of his life and for many years that was the best. I did at one time have a Sealy. Sealy, the manufacturer, gave it to my father and it was to go in their summer home at Big Bear but it was too firm for my mother so I traided one of my Simmons for it. It served me well for years and I think that is what is in my guest bedroom.

There seem to be so many more choices these days. Since I will be spending close to a quarter of the rest of my life on it it needs to be the best for me.

It seems like Consumer Reports did an issue on it late last year but I can't find the issue. I will let you know if I find it.

SELECT COMFORT (the number bed)! I love mine. My husband and I both have our sides set at different settings so we're both happy. And it came with a 20 year warranty. Best thing I ever bought.

Those are some good suggestions - it really is helpful to hear what people actually prefer!
default_yes.gif
:

Neil - I did find some information on epinions.com - it was somewhat limited in terms of the number of reviews, but at least it was some consumer feedback. If you find anything else out, that would be terrific if you could share your information!

Thanks again!!!!

Liz R.

i just slept on one at a hotel and it was the best mattress i have ever slept on!! found out it was a jamison mattress. They used to only sell to high end hotels but now they came out with a less expsensive one (the one i slept on) I just found a jamison dealer here in ohio and will be checking them out. They are soooo wonderful!

SELECT COMFORT (the number bed)! I love mine. My husband and I both have our sides set at different settings so we're both happy. And it came with a 20 year warranty. Best thing I ever bought.
Hoooweeee... I'll second that! I LOVE our Sleep Number bed. I have chronic back problems and it's wonderful to be able to adjust it to whatever my spine needs on any given night. It's also reduced hubby's snoring. :aktion033:

I too have a tempurpedic clone, and I use flannel sheets on it. The flannel sticks to the foam and doesn't move or krinkle. Any kind of krinkle or wrinkle hurts my skin to lay on it. The thick foam just supports you so well. There are no pressure points at all. It gives right where you need it to, no matter how much you move around on it. That mattress, along with a memory foam pillow and you pretty much feel like you're sleeping on a cloud.

Sleep number, the best, thirty day trial, at that price you need it. Dont wake up in tears because of my hips hurting.

Sleep number bed here, we will never own a different kind I don't think. The comfort is unbelievable, though they give you the free trial, we knew after just a couple days that ours was there to stay!

I have a serta with 20 year warrenty - had it for 8 years now- hubby has been complaining about it for 3 years
default_wacko.png
:

When I do it again I would go pillow top- but have to by all those deep pocket sheet sets :bgrin

My problem with the Tempurapedic is that I put off too much body heat so I keep sinking into until I cannot turn over and that wakes me up.

Just bought a Sleep Number bed a few weeks ago, and so far so good. Very comfortable and great to be able to adjust either side differently. Only complaint was the price, yikes. I love the Tempurpedic too, would have been my first choice but not his. Actually Sealy markets their version, with more cushiness at the top - like sleeping on a cloud. I've slept on a Tempurpedic pillow for many years, used to wake up with headaches daily until I got it. Goes everywhere with me now.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back