Selling horses...it's the people that are driving me nuts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had horrid expiriences with some people when I was trying to buy. I was so stressed after all of it. Thank God I did meet some good people along the way. The main one that sticks out is this one person I had contacted through email and then on the phone. They had a little watcheyed stud colt that I was interrested in. I also mentioned that I had liked another little stud on the page. I said that I would need to work out a payment plan as I was in college and my mom would be helping. The seller told me that that would be fine and brought the price down. They said that as the black one was friends with the pinto, they wanted them to go together. That was fine with us. Due to coggins and shipping, stuff had to be sent overnight immidiately. We got everything the seller wanted including the signed contract that was emailed to me and post marked checks and an additional cashiers check for coggins so they would not be in danger of loosing money. Everything was set and confirmed recieved. We bord at a barn right next to our house and since the babies would be here very soon, our neighbors (who owned the barn) had to fix the fence up for babies in less than pleasant weather. We confirmed shipping with a reputable shipper and things were set with them. Everyone had run and busted their butts to get stuff all set for our new family additions. Shippers talked to seller 20 minutes before arriving and everything was fine. Then when they arrived.... the seller decided that in fact they would not be selling the babies. Shippers were shocked. I got emailed a handful of pathetic excuses. They eventually evolved into some kids in the family and all they wanted for Christmas this year was that horse... You have got to be kidding me. The horse had been up on the site for some time and we had been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now. I was absolutely crushed... Other breeders were quite surprised and one even called me that night. My thanks continues to go out to her as I was having a truely wreached night and she cheered me up a bit. I later found some lovely little horses to get started with. A few weeks later, I got another email from the seller stating that maybe the horse will have to be sold after all... Ok then, I had a bit less to work with so I could not get his friend but I still would like a blue eyed baby so perhaps we could work something out. I said that I was hurt and I wanted to be sure they were serious this time. Well then I got an email that maybe this was not a good idea and to pretend I had never heard from them.....
default_frusty.gif
: It was a mess I suppose. I did end up with some lovely babies though and they will be greatly loved by me and my family. I met some wonderful people and know that some day I will have my blue eyed baby. My new mini family is off to a good start.

Latest posts

Back