Selling AMHA horses - paperwork question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
Hi, when selling an AMHA horse - what paperwork do I need to fill in and what are the owner transfer fees - I'm confused (doesn't take much!)

Thanks!

Maria

Also can I put the horse in their name if they aren't an AMHA member?
default_wacko.png

Are you buying or selling an AMHA horse? You don't have to worry about transfer fee if you are the seller. Buyer pays the transfer fee and it is $15 if the horse is transfered within 6 months of the sale date. If transfer is sent in after 6 months of the sale date, the fee is $25. As a seller you can fill out and print a Transfer form on AMHA's website (just fill out the seller's part and make sure you date and sign it). Buyer will fill out their portion of the form.

As for the second question: I am not exactly sure but I think the buyer has to become a member with AMHA in order to transfer the horse into their name. If you look on the AMHA Work Order form it says "Membership required for all registry work". I know with AMHR you don't have to be a member. Only the transfer fee is double if you're not a member with AMHR. Hope this helps.

We have found that the best thing (as a seller) is to do the transfer yourself and pay the fee... unfortunately...... fill out the transfer and transfer the horse immediately into the buyer's name and address.

Thanks both,

Mini Paradise I'm selling - I hope.

mdegner I think I will do that!

default_aktion033.gif

If you are selling the horse to a non-member, yes, you can send in the transfer yourself and there is no problem in having the non-member's name put on it. Just make sure that you are the one that actually sends in the fee for that transfer (even if you collect the $15 from the buyer).

If you are selling the horse to a non-member, yes, you can send in the transfer yourself and there is no problem in having the non-member's name put on it. Just make sure that you are the one that actually sends in the fee for that transfer (even if you collect the $15 from the buyer).
Thanks, I will do that. Lets hope they buy him now!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back