Seller responsibity - where does it end?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found in AMHR it depends on the judges and who the call judge for the show is. I have had 4 judges and the call judge call for all horses (and jokingly ponies) mouths shown before they finished judging the class. And then I have seen it where now horse is to show their bite.

In the pony world, it is not as prevalent an asking. In the AMHR world, I guess I would like to see it done.

Not being sarcastic I am just wondering since minis are ponies a fact we have established and there are just as many conformation and quality issues with ponies as in minis depending on where you look- why would it be more important to check bites on minis and not ponies??

I am sorry you had such a bad experience.Caution is the word when buying Minis.there are many unscrupulous breeders(including big name farms)out there and some of them post here on the Forum.I hope you decide to stay in Minis-you sound like you would be an asset to the breed.My advice is to ask lots of questions from other owners and get everything in writing.Coming from a background as as dog breeder myself,I know it is frustrating starting out ot get burned.Contact the original breeder, voice your concerns and go from there.Word of mouth can be good or very BAD advertising.

Latest posts

Back