Seen any good(or bad) movies lately?:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not been to the movies in 26 years. If it's not on TV I miss it. I have a few movies on video, but love it when they come on TV too. I tend to watch my fav movies over & over. Recently again enjoyed Rango & both of the H.P. Deathly Hallows movies.
default_smile.png

I think I want to see "Malificent" (sp.?) when it comes out. Anjelina Jolie is playing her. Usually I am not into the "dark" movies, but we saw Snow White and the Huntsman and it was pretty good. Kind of facinated by the make-up and costuming and the special effects.

I also keep watching my favorites over again, especially Jaws and Jurassic Park. The Pirate movies with J. Depp keep me laughing no matter how many times I watch them. I also do the same thing with my favorite tv shows. I buy dvd's to watch while I cross stitch or quilt.

Gosh yes. We have DVD's coming out our ears! There are so many good ones! I want to purchase "The Heat". OMG! I think we all almost wet our pants laughing so much! We took my husband's brother who had had surgery to remove some of one lung with. He had only been out about 2 weeks. That movie was a little hard on the surgery site! But he said he enjoyed it despite the ouches!

We have the Blind Side. I enjoy movies based on true events too. Gosh, if I could go over to the DVD case I would just start listing them all, LOL!

I just seen Silver Linings Playbook with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. It was good, it kept my attention. Would I watch it again, no, once was enough.

I also saw Epic. It was a good cartoon. My son and I laughed in a lot of spots. Personally I did not care for Beyonces voice or Steven Tylers singing in this movie. I liked their characters, but imo the voices, (especially Tylers screaming singing, Love Aerosmith though!
default_thumbup.gif
) just did not fit. All in all a good movie. Would I watch it again, Yeah, it was cute!

I havn't been through all the pages, so forgive me if this one was already mentioned, but we went to see American Hustle last night and thought it SUCKED! It was slow and boring a good part of the way through, and never got real interesting until close to the end. Would NOT recommend this one.
default_thumbdown.gif

I tend to watch my favorites over and over again too.....

They include Under the Tuscan Sun, Eat, Pray, Love, several Jane Austin stories, movies with Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock in them.

I also watch a few TV series on Netflix... I just finished watching Numbers and now am working on Murder She Wrote.

We had a movie weekend so saw some of the newer ones.

The Butler, I thought was an awesome movie, very hard to watch for me because of some of the content. Not that it wasn't expected but having to explain some of the violence to my daughter was hard. Love it but not sure I could watch it again. Very glad I watched it the first time though.

Last Vegas - OMG funny. Kevin Kline's best movie, Morgan Freeman his usual wonderful self, De Niro was very good and Michael Douglas looks just like his dad. The movie is a must see, and see and see. I could watch this one over and over.

Captain Phillips - lots of drama but Tom Hanks is still great after all these years.

The sleeper for me was Prisoners with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, very intense with lots of twists. Better than I thought it would be.

Then the one movie that never gets old, its on Hulu Plus now Steel Magnolias love this movie.

Wanna see a cute movie? Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2. OMG that movie was so cute!

Thanks everyone for the reviews! Lots of old and new I'd like to see and a few I won't waste my time on! Keep them coming! What else can we do during this nasty weather anyway! LOL!

I also like the movie

Catch Me If You Can

Disney's

Fantaisa

All the Twilight's

Fly Away Home

I tried to watch 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs'(#1) but wasn't that impressed- BUT I wanted (want) to see #2. The trailers look so funny. All the food characters and the voices that go with them.

We really enjoy Catch Me if You Can too. Watch it often. We have so many DVD"s.

Some more we watch often are 'Secondhand Lions' 'Shawshank Redemption' 'Avatar' 'Alice In Wonderland' (Johnny Depp)

There are SO many!

I watched Dredd - wasn't impressed. I'm not into the drug stuff that was depicted and I get really mad when they do a remake of a movie and totally change it but keep the name the same. Should have just gone with a different name! All the violence was ... contrived/forced in some places (to me) and I'm one who doesn't normally mind violence. Was too much like "Kill Bill" - GAG (my demented family thought both Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 were great - but I've noticed they haven't been purchased nor watched/seen in a while).

I liked Judge Dredd w/ Stallone.

The same with Total Recall. I liked the original with "Arnie" - the new one - fell flat. Loads of great filming and chase scenes - would have been awesome if I wasn't constantly comparing it to the "old one".

Haven't had the chance to see the new Hobbit's yet. My hubby, a true HOBBIT & LOTR FAN doesn't want to see them until they are all out. BUT those brite blue eyes are gonna be hard to beat (Frodo/Elijah Wood).

At one point during the stretch of bad weather we had, we did a Harry Potter Moviethon!

Don't know how long the "kiddy/horsey" movie called "Cowboys and Angels" has been out, but it was pretty good. They fit a lot into a short time. Some stuff is left out (to me), but seemed pretty good.

LOVED the "Man from Snowy River" and "Return to Snowy River". My FAVORITES, I believe. I've treasured those two for years!

I so totally enjoyed "Brave" but "Epic" sure didn't match what I thought I was going to see. I'd rather watch "Surf's Up" or "Happy Feet" for animated, funny, feel good fare. The latest "Ice Age" had us in stitches (not new)! I go up and down on the animated films. When our daughters were little - we got all the newest ones. Now - I haven't seen quite a few of them... I think my all time favorites when the girls were little was "Beauty & the Beast" and "Rescuers Down Under". AND "SPIRIT" - have to get another copy of that one. "Tangled" is one I haven't seen yet...

Enjoyed both "Expendables" and "Expendables 2".

Think there were two that came out over Christmas that I wanted to see, but now can't remember the titles.

The Expendables were entertaining. Noisy, though.

Anyone seen the IP Man movies? We have the third one ready to watch. Enjoyed the first two very much.

Hitch is silly and entertaining, with Will Smith.

Well in stead of our hotel stay for my sons birthday(which some of you read about
default_torch.gif
) we had to hurry up and come up with a plan b. So we took the boys to see The Lego Movie! We all liked it very much but hubby and I kept laughing to each other because they hit the nail on the head with so many things! But you have to remember we are complete Lego fans and build a lot and my hubby has been building sense a kid! It was so inspiring I pulled my sons bins of Lego's out and went on a 2 day build! I made a 4 story Market Place! If a movie can make you laugh, get a song stuck in your head for days, and inspire you, I say "Now that's a good movie"!

Gotta admit, I LOVE the Kill Bill movies. Just watched one yesterday
default_yes.gif
For me, they are one of those movies (as long as my son is not home) I will watch every time it's on.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
On "Tangled"-it was good. We even purchased it. But the very best character in it for us was the horse, Maximillion. What a personality they gave him!!! And the facial postures!!! Oh my gosh!

We just saw "Winter's Tale". Weren't sure what it was totally about when we went to see it, and it's a bit hard to describe; but we liked it. There are a few horses in it. But the main one and one of the main storyline characters is a beautiful Andalusian or Lusitano. He turns into Pegasus or the Dog star horse or something. Well, I don't want to give anything away and spoil it. A nice movie.

Never did get to see Ausgust in Osage County while it played here and I wanted to. I figured Streep and Julia Robers would be hilarious and more.

We thought about seeing the animated "Nut Case" or was it Nut Season-whatever. But a few others beat it out in the final choosing. My husband saw Monument Men and really liked it. He's looking for more books about them and the things in it.

Watched "Ender's Game" tonight, it was ok, a little disappointed in the ending.

AH! Thanx, Chanda, Ender's Game is one that I knew I wanted to see...

I believe I read the book years ago, but not sure. Actually from the description its' one that I haven't read but that we have.... Hmmm...

Winter's Tale - looks awesome. Hadn't heard of The Legos Movie.... Too funny on the trailer I watched - "Gorgy wants to ride a horse"...

Has anyone watched either Powder, the story of a boy who "attracts lightning" or August - the story of an "orphan" who is a musical genius? Good movies, not new...

I remember seeing Powder along time ago. If I remember correctly I think people were mean to him because of his light color??? I can't remember though much about it. Maybe when I see it on I'll have to sit and watch!

eta: Just asked hubby if he seen it and he said it's great. I guess I'll for sure have to see it
default_yes.gif

AH! Thanx, Chanda, Ender's Game is one that I knew I wanted to see...
It was worth watching on Pay per view, but would have sucked to pay for in the theater for us, you may like it more than we did. Up til the end it was pretty, just not the ending we expected.

Skip the movie, Enders Game. It's one of my favorite books (remember how hard I pushed it when we had the book forum?), but the movie was a huge let down.

Read the book(s), really great.

Latest posts

Back