Horse movies and horse books

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure of the name, but a recent movie about a zebra named Stripes who wanted to be a racehorse.He was so cut with his big horse friends training for his big race.I just LOVED it.I'm really a kid a heart.Most of my favorite movies are kid movies I saw with my grandchildren.(The Fox and the Hound and Anabelle's Wish are 2 -non horse movies)Nice thread.

Bevann: the zebra movie title was ---ta dah dah dah!!-"STRIPES"
default_thumbup.gif
(see you knew all along LOL!).
default_yes.gif
Another cute children's movie was 'Two Bits and Pepper' (kind of sad too in places) the little pony was so cute!

The Red Pony was awful! it broke my heart too. There are so many here I had forgotten about! thank you for the trip down memory lane and also for some I never have seen or read. I've written those down for future reading.

That is SO interesting about the horses in Oz!

There was a movie years ago I liked it was called Sheena I think Sheena Queen of the Jungle?? I know this is not a Zebra but I Loved this horse and although the movie was crap I've watched worse just to look at a horse.

[/media]Here is a book I really, really enjoyed it's named The Horses of Proud Spirit. I have not read the next one called Hoof Prints yet hoping they'll both become available for Kindle, the first book I was given years ago and really loved. I was amazed at how well she put into words her journey from knowing nothing about horses to connecting with them like she did. Some of the things she encountered I sure did relate to! many hard lessons learned there. You can read some chapters of it on Amazon.

default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, obviously not a zebra. Too funny- and it looks more like queen of the desert to me, no jungle there.

Smokey...both a book and a movie

Dark Horse

Dont forget Man from Snowy River!

I remember watching ''Spirit'' a couple of years ago and bawling my eyes out in two scenes.....just sobbing uncontrollably........and it's an animated movie for heavens sake.

Love ''Stripes''.

I tend to shy away from animal movies. Rather not make myself miserable. Even Marley and Me broke my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spirit got me bawling when I went to see it because I had just put down my horse Khan, whom I had in my life for 20 years. The scene with the horse dying just about did it to me. It was many years before I could watch it again.

Another recent movie is "War Horse". I actually had trouble with it because I want the horses to act like horses, and there were some scenes that were just hard for me to swallow--such as the horses standing absolutely still while the German soldiers were there, or that they laid down on wood floors. Just not natural horse behavior IMO.

I wanted to see some of these but when I requested on Netflix, they never had them. How do you ever find these to watch them?

I checked out a book called Crazy Good from the library yesterday. It is a story about Dan Patch. Has anyone read it?

Latest posts

Back