Seen Any Good Movies Lately

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to get some movie recommendations! I don't know that I'm a great one to give recommendations because usually if I take the time to watch a movie, I will ejoy it. The ones we've seen lately from Netflix and really liked are:

Halloween (the new "Rob Zombie" one)

30 Days of Night

The Invasion

The Wendell Baker Story

3:10 to Yuma (H watched, not me)

Whisper

Good Luck Chuck

Rescue Dawn (H watched, not me)

Mr. Brooks

The Bourne Ultimatum

Resident Evil: Extinction

Balls of Fury

Transformers

Skinwalkers

Super Bad

Shrek the Third

Fido

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Deck the Halls

28 Weeks Later (so good!!!!)

I know that's a lot of movies!!! Amazing I have time to do anything else
default_biggrin.png
That's several months worth of the ones we really liked + the writers strike keeping the TV boring.

[SIZE=14pt]What about you all? What movies have you seen and liked recently?[/SIZE]

popcorn1.gif

Jill, try the new DVD with Jody Foster called "The Brave One"

She and her boyfriend get mugged and he dies. Heartbroken,

and wanting revenge, she turns into a vigilante.

The last two I watched and really liked were No Reservations and Juno.

I cant wait to see Stop-Loss

Looooved 28 Weeks Later too Jill.

I just saw The Kingdom....Wow!!!! So much better than I thought it would be.

Also, if you haven't seen them yet, rent

Babel

and

The Last King of Scotland

You won't be disappointed.

Well i was sick for about a week straight so i watched movies all week
default_laugh.png

Mr Woodcock

Good Luck Chuck

Fracture (Has Ryan Gosling in it and the guy from Canibal)

Without A Paddle (it was on Comedy Central last night, i've seen it about 15 times but it was great to see agian).

dont go see the meet the spartans anyone seen hostel 2?heard its really gure some

I've heard that Good Luck Chuck was really vulgar....did anyone find this? I had wanted to see it but then had second thoughts (really didn't like the American Pie series) so didn't want to waste my money.

I saw Premonition with Sandra Bullock....thumbs down.

Many of the other movies I've been watching lately have been on the Superchannel and aren't blockbusters.

I saw Saving Sara Cain yesterday-about a woman who takes care of her 5 amish nieces and nephews after their mother (her sister) dies. I really liked it.

Mr Brooks was GOOD

Bourne Ultimatium was good.

The Skelton Key with Kate Hudson was really good

I have here to watch - Knocked Up, Live Free or Die Hard, and Shrek the Third.

I've heard that Good Luck Chuck was really vulgar....did anyone find this? I had wanted to see it but then had second thoughts (really didn't like the American Pie series) so didn't want to waste my money.
Well there is allot of naked'ness in it if you get the unrated version. There is more naked and sexual scenes in it them american pie (and i seen all three).

Dane Cook is one of my faverite comedians so i liked it
default_laugh.png

The two movies I have seen recently in the theaters are

Attonement- I really liked it but it's not a real feel good movie at the end

The Other Boleyn Girl-This is a really good movie. If you liked Elizabeth and Elizabeth, The Golden Age, this is a must!

I am also really looking forward to Stop-Loss

Good Luck Chuck didn't offend me but it really takes a lot and I loved the American Pie movies so you may not want movie recommendations from me!

Hostel 2, I did watch but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first. I loved the first but it really disturbed me (but I still loved it -- I know that is strange).

We saw Saw IV too, and I didn't like it very much compared to the others.

One horror movie I really liked but it, like Hostel, disturbed me and I kept thinking of it later was Wolf Creek. Very gory but good for that kind of movie.

The most recent movies I've seen at the Theaters were

Cloverfield (that movie was bizzare but I really enjoyed it!)

Fool's Gold (Matthew McConaughy love him lol) it was a really cute movie that the whole family can enjoy

Can't remember much PPV movies I've seen, mind is blank right now lol

Well the last movie I saw in theater was Jumper. I enjoyed it. I also recently rented The Legend of Butch and Sundance which I liked quite a bit. Some other movies I have recently watched are:

Joaquou Le Croquant

Transformers

Stargate SG1 season 6(now on season 7)

Alice In Wonderland

Skinwalkers

30 Days of Night

Feel The Noise

Just to name a few. I own about 1200 movies(VHS and DVD).
default_biggrin.png

I don;t get a chance to watch too many movies either, but the last two that I watched and really liked were 3:10 to Yuma and The Brave One...both excellent in my opinion!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

The last movie I saw in the theater was 27 Dresses. I thought that was a pretty good one. I am also one waiting to see Stop-Loss. Gotta see 3:10 to Yuma still too.

Mr. Brooks was great!

Loved American Gangster, The Kingdom, and just saw No Country For Old Men (HAVE to love a movie that contains Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson and Josh Brolin's really coming into his own). Excellent movie.

I just came home with In the Valley of Elah (another Tommy Lee Jones, what will I do with myself!?!), Michael Clayton and Gone, Baby Gone.

I'll let you know on the last three.

Liz

Ditto on 3:10 to Yuma!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
That is a REALLY great movie
default_yes.gif

I don;t get a chance to watch too many movies either, but the last two that I watched and really liked were 3:10 to Yuma and The Brave One...both excellent in my opinion!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I am David is really good. It is one of those movies with very few actors I recognized and not even sure how It ended up on our Netflix list. We must have seen a preview at some point. It was a really good movie though.

If you like Ralph Fiennes try Wuthering Heights with him and Juliette Binoche (she was in Chocolat, also a VERY good movie).

Mr. Brooks was great!

Loved American Gangster, The Kingdom, and just saw No Country For Old Men (HAVE to love a movie that contains Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson and Josh Brolin's really coming into his own). Excellent movie.
Ohhhh, I LOVE Josh Brolin!!!!! Had a huge crush on him when he was in Young Riders!!!!
default_blush.png

I'll have to make sure I see that movie.

The last movie I saw in theatres was I Am Legend....did NOT like it one bit. My sister talked me into it, and I didn't know what it was about...mind you even she said that wasn't what she thought it was going to be. I almost walked out.....

I've seen a bunch of movies on DVD lately...but nothin' worth mentioning
default_sad.png

~kathryn

I think the last one I saw in theaters was the Eye. It was ok but there was some stuff that could have been better there. I LOVE the Resident Evil series. I have seen all three and I have all three. I was noticing 28 weeks later being brought up. Those for some reason disturb me while the Resident Evil films are much loved by me. I especially hate the scene where he walks into the church in the beginning.
default_biggrin.png
Other than that I love Howls Moving Castle! That one is always worth mentioning. Oh and I have been watching Avatar - another good animation. They will be making a live action film based on this one from what I understand. I am very curious as to whether they will pull it off. hmm... I love these posts.
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back