Secret Santa Gift thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened my gifts today from Robin, and I received all kinds of cool things! A T-shirt with a picture of Monkey on it, an Oklahoma fridge magnet, a beautiful Chihuahuas calendar, and YUMMY tin of Almond Roca, and a cute little cow that "poops" out a candy and plays a Christmas song! LOL!!!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much for everything Robin! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hope you and the critters are all keeping warm in that blizzard!

gift.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit it Mona, I played your cow a few times! I laughed and laughed! We went to get one for me and they had no more.

Merry Christmas!

I posted a while ago that I had gotten my SS gift...and I was a good girl and opened it today!!!
default_biggrin.png
People...WOW!!!!! Rebecca, forum member wrs (WRS Farms in Brenham, TX) THANK YOU!!!! OMGosh what beautiful gifts. I got a beautiful little horse themed apron with pockets to put all kinds of handy kitchen gadgets, a huge bag of shelled pecans, a huge bag of pecans in their shells and a beautifully wrapped yummy bag of assorted chocolate covered and glazed pecans! She also included a Texas pecans recipe brochure and you can bet I'm going to be walking in high cotton making us some goodies this year!!! And last but not least I got 4 unbelievably beautiful arrowheads!!! Rebecca I have to say that when I opened this gift box and read your letter which btw was so very warm and I enjoyed reading about my Secret Santa, I got tears in my eyes reading about your grandmother and grandfather and how they would go looking for arrowheads. Ahhh...let me say that both hubby and I were in awe! Thank you for the warm invitation to visit you one day should we be in your neighborhood... (it goes both ways). What wonderful gifts...I LOVED them all! Please know that I will cherish these arrowheads and take very good care of them. Wow....just WOW!!!

So without further delay, again thank you so very much and here are some pics I took of all my gifts!

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

Hi Sterling, So glad to hear you like your stuff. Hope you enjoy everything!

Merry Christmas!

WRS
default_saludando.gif

I had posted that I got my secret santa a while back and I was a good girl and waited until today. My secret santa was Chanda. Thank you so much I love everything

I got a beautiful snaffle bit key ring, several hand made cards from a local artist (they are just beautiful) and a couple of great horse pillow cases that I'll use on the bed in the horse trailer this next show season.

I'm glad I waited until today as it was the only present I had to open for myself as Oklahoma is under at least 14.1" of snow from yesterdays blizzard with white out conditions. Had 40 mph winds with gusts to 60. It was really nasty so everyone stayed home. It took my son 5 hours to get to his home last night and it usually only 15 minutes.

Reo, thanks for doing this year after year. We all apprecate it.

Davie

I had posted that I got my secret santa a while back and I was a good girl and waited until today. My secret santa was Chanda. Thank you so much I love everything
I got a beautiful snaffle bit key ring, several hand made cards from a local artist (they are just beautiful) and a couple of great horse pillow cases that I'll use on the bed in the horse trailer this next show season.

Davie
So glad you liked your gift. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.

MindyLee from Silver Maple Miniatures, thank you so much for my gifts!!

I received a beautiful handmade dreamcatcher in blue (my favorite color!) and also a sweet cottontail rabbit figurine--I just love rabbits!
default_wub.png
I so appreciate your thoughtfulness and the dreamcatcher is already on display. (I've never had a dreamcatcher and I think it's so great that you identified all the types of feathers used to create it. That is something I would do.
default_wink.png
) I'll try and get a photo up. ETA: GOT THE PHOTO UP!

IMG_4566.jpg

(P.S.-I don't think I mentioned it but I am originally from Michigan; I grew up in Dearborn and went to college in Mt. Pleasant. One of my roommates was from Lapeer. This past May I met Connie P from CLP Miniatures and CMHR President. So fun to meet someone from the forum and she has a beautiful farm. It would be fun to meet more forum members when I go back to visit in 2010.)

My Secret Santa gift arrived today ! Lucky me one more gift to open
default_smile.png

I love everything - ceramic dishes ( one with a dog and one with horses ) , dog post it stickers that spell my initials , cinnamon scented ornaments ( now on my tree ) and cookie mix.

Thanks Marilyn ( 3 black Labs )

Happy New Year to all !

Elizabeth in Texas

The Johnson Family (shadowpaints) from Idaho sent a box full of wonderful gifts - a tin of WONDERFUL homemade candies, an Idaho refrig magnet, greeting cards (Stairway to Heaven) and a really neat business card holder with horses on it!!!! I will display it proudly at all the horse shows I go to and will remember the Johnson family and this wonderful LB Forum Secret Santa Christmas
default_smile.png
Thank you so much!

Our postman delivered the package to the front door of the house today! We have had so much snow and wind that there was no postal service for the past several days.

Thank you so, so much for the lovely gifts!

Merry Christmas!

Peggy

Alba Hurst

PS- Your family Christmas card is ADORABLE!

The Johnson Family (shadowpaints) from Idaho sent a box full of wonderful gifts - a tin of WONDERFUL homemade candies, an Idaho refrig magnet, greeting cards (Stairway to Heaven) and a really neat business card holder with horses on it!!!! I will display it proudly at all the horse shows I go to and will remember the Johnson family and this wonderful LB Forum Secret Santa Christmas
default_smile.png
Thank you so much! Our postman delivered the package to the front door of the house today! We have had so much snow and wind that there was no postal service for the past several days.

Thank you so, so much for the lovely gifts!

Merry Christmas!

Peggy

Alba Hurst

PS- Your family Christmas card is ADORABLE!

ohhh im so glad you liked everything!! i searched and searched for a buisness card holder that i thought you would like!! we make those homade goodies every year. and when i do the secret santas, i send as much as i can! i wish it had gotten there sooner but im soooo glad you got it!! thanks for the compliment on the christmas card! you can put my name to a face now lol

i cant wait to do secret santa again i had sooo much fun!!
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Becca

Sorry it took me so long to post. We had internet issues for the past couple of weeks and I have not been able to pull up the forum. It is "somewhat" fixed now.

I waited until Christmas to open my gift. Sad thing is that the label is so messed up from shipping that I can't tell who sent it so I don't know who to thank!

I know that my Secret Santa was from Canada.
default_smile.png
I got some really neat stuff, a coffee cup that is clearly MINE not OURS which means the husband has to leave it alone. lol Several other Canadian type trinkets and some wonderful Maple candy. Thank you very much, I couldn't believe how much stuff was in the box! I think the maple candy is my favorite.

Carrie

ps. I have to check on the package I sent, being that we were running late on things this year I sent it Fed Ex only to find out that she was going to be gone during Christmas. It was supposed to arrive on Christmas Eve.

MindyLee from Silver Maple Miniatures, thank you so much for my gifts!!
I received a beautiful handmade dreamcatcher in blue (my favorite color!) and also a sweet cottontail rabbit figurine--I just love rabbits!
default_wub.png
I so appreciate your thoughtfulness and the dreamcatcher is already on display. (I've never had a dreamcatcher and I think it's so great that you identified all the types of feathers used to create it. That is something I would do.
default_wink.png
) I'll try and get a photo up. ETA: GOT THE PHOTO UP!

IMG_4566.jpg

(P.S.-I don't think I mentioned it but I am originally from Michigan; I grew up in Dearborn and went to college in Mt. Pleasant. One of my roommates was from Lapeer. This past May I met Connie P from CLP Miniatures and CMHR President. So fun to meet someone from the forum and she has a beautiful farm. It would be fun to meet more forum members when I go back to visit in 2010.)

I'm so glad you liked them! I wanted to do something besides horses and when you mentioned Bunnys, I knew excactly what to get you as I just came across that bunny right before I found out what you liked. And as for the dreamcatcher, I make a lot of them as they are very unique and one-of-a-kinds since they are made from the wildlife instead of a chicken. And to top it off, since you never had one, all the more im glad to be the 1st to give you one.

If you do come to Michigan again, you are more then WELCOME to stop by my farm and visit anytime! My little ones just love visitors and we are expecting 3 foals this year as well. And I dont live to far from Connie either (45min.) She is a very nice person and just love her horses too. And great job to her for being there for the recues! Take Care and hopefully we will meet up if ya come to the mittin!

Carrie,

I was your SS. Cathy (Zipper)

Glad you liked the fudge. Have you tried the coffee. I didnt know if you had a Tim Hortons or not.

Sorry I forgot to send the candles for the rocking horse candle holder.

Merry Christmas.

I opened the rest of my gifts from YellowRoseinTx and want to say WOW thanks I wanted one of those Oster mane/tail burshes for awhile now ! cant wait to use it. the orinments are beautiful too ! they will go on the tree with the others I have gotten from England a few years ago !

The other box had a hoodie in it ! thats goin on the truck with me to wear when I get chilly ! thanks so much !!!!!!!!!!

I got my gift from PaintedMeadows!

Thank you SO much Rhonda-Lynne!
default_wub.png

I have admired her work for years and look! She MADE me my very own lil Nort! He's only 3.25" at the ear tips! I LOVE him!!

website1015001.jpg

And that's not all! There was also a little rope halter and beautiful coffee mug and an ornament that hold digital photos!

website1015002.jpg

WOW! I was spoiled! Thank you so much!!!!!

Only [SIZE=14pt]4[/SIZE] more to get gifts and I can be HAPPY!!

Robink, I am so happy you finally got your package and little Nort arrived so safely!! The ornament has Nort's pictures uploaded to it already. And the halter glows in the dark! lol. Merry Christmas and thank you for being such a wonderful Secret Santa organiser. I got the email about my parcel. Unfortunatley we don't have Fedex at home so I am hoping they pass off to another courier. So I will check as soon as I get home tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!!

[SIZE=10pt]Sorry it took so long to post, we've had family in town for the past week and I haven't had a chance to get on the computer.
default_blush.png
[/SIZE]

It's a family tradition that only one gift is opened Christmas Eve, the others are opened Christmas morning.

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore... I had to open the gift from my Secret Santa (JustJynx) jingle~jingle~jingle!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
... that was all it took, I instantly turned into a 10 year old, grabbed the scissors and RIPPED the box open!! If I can figure out how to post pics, I will, because my transformation was caught on camera!

Jennifer, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the gifts!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
They are exactly what I needed! Being new to mini's and my mini being a rescue, I welcome all the info/tips I can get. I can't thank you enough for the thoughtful book you made! You have included SOOO much information and tips!! I was up half the night reading... I LOVE IT!
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

The lead rope you made is beautiful, she has a purple halter that will exactly match.(I love purple) I'll have to snap a picture to send to you. I got a kick <winkwink> out of the ornament, it is proudly hanging on the tree and the candle is on the mantle.

My husband LOVED
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
the box of cereal, he's a HUGE Packers fan, and being from Florida, it's rare we find anything with Packers on it. So the cereal box sits proudly in the gameroom on his shelf/shrine with his Packers memorabilia. THANK YOU!!

You are very thoughtful! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!

[SIZE=12pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
default_cheers.gif
[/SIZE]

It's been so fun watching everyone display their SS gifts - LB has great Santas out there and this has been so fun!

Thanks again (and again) to Robin for putting it all together
default_worshippy.gif
and keeping everyone straight - looks like it was a very successful SS season for '09. We look forward to participating again next year for sure!

Did the last 4 get their gifts?
default_impatient.jpg

Wishing everyone a happy, fun and successful 2010 ~

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_saludando.gif

Thank you everyone for being such great Santas! I hope you all play again next year!

There are 3 more gifts to go.

[SIZE=14pt]Mary Lou has told me to give it one more week and if by Jan 8th those last gifts are not gotten, to call out my elves and those Santas that crapped out will Not get to play this, or any other LB games from now on.[/SIZE]

There are two people that are the problem
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back