Secret Santa Gift thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it looks like things are going really well this year Reo. I haven't received mine yet but I know it will arrive soon. I am so excited!! Tomorrow is my last day home and then we are away for Christmas and I won't be back until December 29th. But I will let everyone know who my Santa was then! Yippee!!

well the sleigh has finally left here!! i hope she likes every thing!! i hope it gets there before christmas!! if not it should be there the day after!

lol. The sleigh! We joke about dog sleigh up here in northern Canada. I said that once to a lady in the southern US and she thought I was serious. lol. Too funny.

whoo hooo omg whooo hooooo ...okay so I'm excited over a tiny little pink piece of paper that says I have a parcel waiting at the post office! yippee .... it just has to be my SS because nobody else sends anything (well, I did already get the honey hams from UPS at my front door LOL).

We had 20 inches of snow over the weekend so no mail able to get through saturday. We're so far off the road that we always have to pick up our stuff - they won't drive back here. Our roads not too good yet so mail didn't even come till 5pm tonight.

I'm going into work late just so I can go by the post office first!! LOL

My SS can rest assured it arrived (at least I'm sure that has to be it) - I'll post soon as I get a picture downloaded .... gee, maybe I should take the camera, take a picture in the backseat and download soon as I get to work? Okay, maybe that's just alittle over the top? LOL The kid in me really comes out at Christmas. LOL

default_saludando.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

okay so where do you find all those other emotions everyone uses? LOL

lol. The sleigh! We joke about dog sleigh up here in northern Canada. I said that once to a lady in the southern US and she thought I was serious. lol. Too funny.
We always refer to the "Pony Express" when mail is slow around here.
default_wink.png

Edited to add: I couldn't easily find my first post, so will add here. I couldn't wait any longer and opened the rest of my SS gifts. Thank you Susan at TinyMiteVillage; I got a lovely wood sign that says: "horses are like potato chips, you can't have just one"; there was a cute horse ornament and a metal welcome sign with a cowboy boot. Now to find a place to hang my new goodies. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteTailFarm, I know what it is and it's awesome!

If you click on Show all and wait, a whole list of smilies will show up!

[SIZE=14pt]17[/SIZE] more and I'll have my 100% that I work SO hard for each year!

Come on you lil reindeer, FLY! Fly like the wind!
default_xreiter.gif

I got a pink slip in my mailbox too today! So before I go to work tomarrow, I'll be hitting the post office to see what I recieved! CANT WAIT!

I got mine!!!

Thank you so much mooseLMJash!

She gave me a wonderful, and I really mean wonderful blanket that is purple with horses that I am pretty sure is handmade! It is so soft. Currently my boyfriend is curled up in it and won't give it back
default_biggrin.png

Then I'm not sure how she knows, but I got a cow... something. I think it is soap. It's not edible, I can tell you that
default_rolleyes.gif
I also got a notebook so maybe I can keep track of my grocery lists from now on.

Thank you so much Ashley, they are very thoughtful gifts and I really appreciate them. Sorry it took so long for them to get here. I just got the package on my doorstep this evening.

I got mine on Saturday
default_biggrin.png
THANK YOU BLUE STAR!! I love it! I got a super warm fleece blanket, which arrived on a perfect day when it was below zero with the wind chills up here! I also got a VERY yummy jar of toffee popcorn. I find myself grabbing a hanfdul everytime I walk by the jar. I also got a big jar of popcorn kernels, popcorn seasoning and really cute popcorn bowls. I LOVE everything! You must have read my mind with the popcorn. The past few weeks, I have been finding myself popping popcorn several times a week. So, thank you!! It's perfect!!!

Jen

Well - we'll all need to be in suspense just a few more hours as I was sitting at the PO at 8:15am thinking they opened at 8 ........ duh they don't open till 9 and I couldn't be that late for work! LOL

So on top of being late this morning - I'll have to leave early to reach them before 5pm - but you better believe I'm getting there one way or the other ! LOL

REO - no fair you know what it is! You truly are the "elf in the know". LOL

I'll be posting tonight for sure! Gonna be a long day today .....
default_impatient.jpg

Featther1414 (Jamie) your little "cow" is cheddar cheese with a heavy wax coating on to protect it.
default_smile.png
jennifer (ashley's mom)
default_saludando.gif

and, you are quite right, the blanket is home made!

Jen~normajeanbaker

So glad it got to you and you are enjoying it. I didn't have a lot to go on so went with the popcorn theme!! Saw the blanket and figured who doesn't want to curl up in a cozy blanket with some popcorn and a movie on a cold winter day or night!! LOL
default_saludando.gif

Featther1414 (Jamie) your little "cow" is cheddar cheese with a heavy wax coating on to protect it.
default_smile.png
jennifer (ashley's mom)
default_saludando.gif

and, you are quite right, the blanket is home made!

Oh duh, you're from Wisconsin, its a cow. Lol. I just think it is too cute to eat, but I think I may just have to. Robin told me there was another package, and we aren't sure if someone took the blanket one by mistake and returned it, or if they both got separated in the mail, but I don't have the second one yet. I'm keeping my eyes open for it!

Thank you again, I slept with the blanket all night and it was incredibly toasty. I LOVE it.
default_wub.png

Reo has my person received their package.

I expedited it and the PO says it arrived on the 14th.

Thanks

Cathy

I emailed everyone left on Dec 15th.

Zipper, I will ask her.

luv2ridesaddleseat, I asked yours on the 15th and as of then, she hadn't gotten it. I will ask her again. When did you mail it?

I still have 14 left to go! That's a LOT.
default_sad.png

Hang in there!!
default_smile.png

I hope everyone can buy and mail within the month we give them (names go out Nov 1) and mail their gifts off by Dec 1st next year.
default_yes.gif

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

Because my little 3 yr old niece was so excited to see me come through the door today with a package. I set it on the table for just one minute, she tore into it so fast i couldnt even blink! And because of this, I couldnt make out who had sent me my gift, BUT did see it was from Canada...

So with that said: I got a cute mini horse calander, 2 badly needed horsey brushes, and a really neat little flower shaped hair/dirt removel brush. WAY AWESOME and soooo going to be useful for my cute 09 little filly at the shows this coming show season! THANK YOU so much secret santa from Canada!

PS I just love that silver bay stallion on my calander he's very handsome!

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here on the fourm!

MindyLee your Santa is Dreaminmini
default_smile.png

Is it a hard plastic curry comb flower? I have one of those and I love it!

luv2ridesaddleseat, she got it! I hope she'll post soon!

I emailed everyone again and I hope to hear from them tomorrow!
default_smile.png

12 more to go!!

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! The post master must have read my face when she came out with this huge box - I was shocked. LOL She asked "I take it you weren't expecting this huh?". LOL

Let me first start by saying: I cannot express enough emotion here - not enough icons to display - no words I write will convey the true excitement, astonishment, awe, surprise, GOOSEBUMPS, gratitude, speechless staring in amazement, and of course true respect for such a talented artist.... and I can go on and on. The ingenuity and creativity and the attention my SS spent on our farm, our program, and our herd sire is amazing - and all put into the most cherished piece of art we'll keep forever!

Hubby couldn't say a word at first - then he said "I wish she had signed the back" - he too realized the amount of time and talent that went into this. So we're going to cut off all the stamps and her address label and tape it to the back for remembrance. LOL Not that we'd ever forget mind you - but all works of art are signed by their creator.

Okay ..... so you couldn't see me jumping up and down but by golly I'm sure every single one of you heard our screams of delight! LOL

I waited to open it until Holly could join in. We immediately hung it up to stare at it and take it all in - Hubby arrived few mins later and was completely blown away!

Thank you - and I mean the sincerest appreciation from us all - to Julie Miller, aka CretaHillsGal - all the way from Oklahoma! The stamps alone were expensive! You have made the one and only White Tails sign - it will hang forever in our new office in the barn! I still just can't get over it - you went way overboard - way overboard! This was truly worth the wait (yes, Robin said so too) - oh my gosh!

Thank you many times over .............. oh wait - and if that wasn't enough - - there was chocolate in there too! Two beautiful boxes of delightful chocolate - I'm hiding them to have all to myself. LOL Again, you went way overboard and we can't thank you enough!

To do justice to this wonderful gift and to Julie's talent, I must put several pictures here so you can see in its entirety - I'm just still so amazed!

I must point out that the logo (our new logo remember) is HAND PAINTED !!! It is an exact duplicate of our logo done by hand - I just can't get over it !

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-7.jpg
DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthrough.jpg

This is closeup of the top half - handpainted logo - wow!

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-5.jpg

Closeup of the bottom - which is enterchangeable as the paper slides in/out so you can change it along the way (we're leaving it just as is!):

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-4.jpg

DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthrough.jpg
DEC2009cameradumpfromOctoberthro-2.jpg

Julie - I'll be sending you a personal thank you as well ~

Latest posts

Back