Secret Hills Ranch and other Sibe owners!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Secret Hills Ranch,

I didn't want to hijack your other post, and I just couldn't help posting pictures of my boy.

Oh those Sibes are really bundles of joy. Mine has ice blue eyes also and he sometimes will look at me and I can just feel him looking deep into my soul. I have had Glacier since he was 6 weeks old. I sure miss his puppyness at times, but he sure has matured into one of the best dogs on earth IMO. But it wouldn't be because he is my boy now would it???
wink.gif
LOL!

Here are some of the pictures that I have taken throughout his life. It is amazing to see how much their face markings and coat color changes over time. I don't know of very many Sibes that keep those big masks that they are born with.

Glacier at:

8 weeks sporting what I called his "bat ears"

fea5c989.jpg

5 months

fea5c987.jpg

1.5 years

fea5c984.jpg

4 years in 2003

f9f2f3ed.jpg

Glacier's eyes this past Sept. I was trying to capture his "all knowing soul searching" look, but he wasn't cooperating with me.

f1fe8b3a.jpg

Can't wait to see more pictures of Noah and your other family members playing together. If Noah is anything like the Sibes that I have known, Noah will have no troubles in helping to mend your broken hearts over Brinkley's passing. I bet Tyler will get lots of exersize playing with Noah though
yes.gif

And everyone else who owns Sibes or part Sibes, post your pictures here!!! I would love to see how other Sibes have matured!
yes.gif

Wow Nila, he's so handsome and debonaire looking. We don't have any Siberian Huskeys, but my son has always wanted one. He says he will have one someday.
laugh.gif

Happy to oblige...here are some of the Sibes I have owned in the past...these photos bring up so many memories for me. Enjoy!

IMAG004.JPG

Poco Lobo Sno Dream's Majesty, CGC, TDI (Rocky)

IMAG000.JPG

Am.Can. Ch. Snoking's Satisfier (Snickers)

IMAG003.GIF

Sno Dream's Olympic Gold (Oksana) - ok, I was watching the olympic ice skating when this litter was born, LOL.

IMAG002.JPG

Karnovanda's Sno Dream Dawn (Dawnie)

IMAG001.JPG

Am.Can. Ch. Sno Dream's A Breath of Spring (Blossom) - my first homebred Ch.

She finished her Can. Ch. in one weekend with Group placements.

IMAG005.JPG

Snoking's Glory Bound (Glory) - my first Siberian, born in 1982 - 1983 SHCGC Futurity Winner over an entry of 65.

These are but a few of many....and I still own two Sibes not pictured here.....thanks for allowing me a trip down memory lane!

Good luck with your little one!

Shelley

Wow Shelley!
aktion033.gif
Those are some awesome looking huskies! They have me drooling!
wub.gif

Even though my boy is registered, he definately isn't show quality (or breeding quality) as his head is not quite the desirable shape (slightly pointy nose and slightly roman nosed but he did grow into those ears) and well, like his owner he is a just a wee bit on the tall side (he weighs 73 pounds and isn't overweight
wacko.gif
), but his breeder was breeding for the athleticly built dogs for sled teams. So things like height and shape of the head was not as important to him. Even though my husky is perfect in my eyes, he definately isn't the quality of what you posted for me to drool over.

Oh... I love that photo of Oksana. Her red color is so very rich!

aktion033.gif
Very nice. I think the most amazing dog I've had the pleasure of meeting was a half Sibi half Newfie. He looked like a huge black bear from the rear, but when he turned to look at you you froze to your soul because he had ice blue eyes in a solid black face. We found him and called him Merlin but when we found his owners his name was Peyote. The meter reader left the gate open.

Thanks! Oksana was quite a little personality, too. Very much like her sire. I'll have to dig out a picture of him.

I've always been partial to brown eyes, actually. I know blue is more popular, but I prefer the softer look of the brown eyes to he fiercer look the blue eyes give. Just my personal preference.

If your husky is perfect in your eyes, and a champion in your heart, that's what really counts. Some of my very favorites never got to be champions, either. But I didn't love them any less. Enjoy them - their lives pass us by way too quickly.

Shelley

Shelley, I can tell that Oksana has a personality that is huge! It shows up really well in the picture and I am betting that her personality would fit me to a tee. And I also love brown eyes in dogs. While Glacier's are cool and icy and can look right through you, my last husky had the brown eyes and they were so warm and inviting. Two totally different looks.

But Glacier picked me when I was there looking at the litter and his eye color was the last thing on my mind. He was the only one of the bunch that came running over to me just as soon as he saw me. The rest went over to my hubby or to the breeders. I knew that he liked me and that I was destined to be his person. It was love at first sight. I am not sorry for a minute as he is the love of my life (oops... dont' tell hubby
rolleyes.gif
), truelly a champion in my heart and I just can't beleive that time has gone by so quickly and that he is this old!

SWA, Make sure your son knows all about this breed before he gets one as they are really unique and so often missunderstood. I posted in response on here not too long ago about all the traits they have and you may want to print that off and give it to him. I have found that 99 percent of the people I have told that information to have decided that while they are pretty dogs that they just may not be the right dog for them. I feel so guilty about taking the wind out of their sails on being a siberian husky owner, but these dogs are definately not for everyone and the potential owners should know long before they commit to owning them what they are capable of being like for the dogs good. Our family's first Siberian was so missunderstood and we got rid of him at a year old because we thought there was something nuts about him. But later we learned that much of what bothered us was a normal husky thing. Now we overlook it as just being another husky thing.

Cronewolf, the dog you knew sounds splendid! I bet the name merlin fit him perfectly. But glad he went back to his owners as these huskies really are loyal family dogs.

Ok... All you others, Shelly and I can't be the only ones here that own Siberians. Come on... quit lurking and make that post to show us your pretty ones!

Latest posts

Back