Second foal! FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visually the mother is Sabino + Tobiano + (if she has blue eyes) Splash.

Visually the foal is Splash + Tobiano + quite probably Sabino.

But I would never rule out LWO+....I would never jeopardise a potential foals life on the lack of a test, so I would definitely test for that too.

Really nice little girl......send her here and I will let you know how she turns out
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

What a beauty, Charlotte.....Hey the swimmers must have worked. lol Haven't you been lucky this year with the time of births?

She's just beautiful Charlotte. As for pattern.....I believe Sabino may be causing the small white areas down her back.

I can't tell from your photos if the white markings are right on the middle of the back,but most of my Frame/Sabinos have white markings going straight down the middle of their back...very minimal & sometimes broken lines of white. (almost like a seam) If you look at them from above....it almost resembles "ink blots", with the white line going down the middle & the dark markings almost identical on both sides of the white line.

Any time you are breeing pintos together.....I would test for LWO, just to be sure. The easiest way is to test your stallions. If they are negative, then you don't have to worry about testing any of the mares they are bred to.

Well, I would bet that she does not carry frame. She has while feet and white crossing her back, typical of Tobiano, not frame so I'd say she is Tobiano, and Splash. Sabino would also be very possible, and I would have her tested for LWO just to be sure... But IMO, she does not carry it.

Congrats!!
default_wub.png

That Red of yours is my favorite colour - AWESOME conformation!!! I hope baby carries that colour too - she sure looks cute right now!!! Congratulations on your lovely new filly!!!

Latest posts

Back