Second foal! FILLY!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
This little one came into the world last night at 7:45. So what are your thoughts on color pattern? Sire is Star Skipper a minimally marked tobiano who maybe carries sabino. Dam is Ima Red Head.

picture of Red

RedHead.jpg

I have always 'assumed' that red was tobi + splash with maybe sabino looking at the little freckles in her flanks.

This is the filly. What do you think about those random little white spots? I will color test her, but was wondering if she doesn't look a little 'framish'? I 'think' she has a blue eye or two. We'll see when I get her outside. Mom has blues. If she should turn out to be LWO positive then I'll test mom and dad too although Skipper has been bred to frame mares before with live healthy foals.

cropP1010015.jpg

cropP1010001.jpg

I am always SO happy when I see those two little feet appear and they are WHITE!
default_laugh.png

Charlotte

I have no idea on the color pattern but what a cutie she is!! Congratulations!!
default_smile.png

I'm curious as to what type of bedding that is Charlotte?

Does she have blue eyes?

My guess would be tobiano/sabino and maybe splash but i might change my mind if she has blue eyes
default_smile.png
Dam is definitely splash

congrats on a beautiful filly!

Kay

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I think I need a closer look - can you send her up here? Just kidding - congrats - she is adorable, but I would bet that it is not frame you are seeing in those spots. I would go with tobi and splash and maybe sabino, but I would have here tested for LWO just to be sure.

She's beautiful Charlotte!!
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I don't think she's frame either but wouldn't hurt to test her. Maybe check for homozygous also?

A big congrats on a gorgeous filly!

I'm thinking tobi plus splash with maybe sabino. Sabino combined with tobi can cause some random body spots. But it wouldn't hurt to test for LWO just so you know for sure.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Beautiful-gorgeous-precious...WOW Congratulations-LOVE HER MARKINGS AND COLOR!!!!!

Tobiano/splash/sabino!!! I don't see frame but I would test anyways!

She is just beautiful. I wish she was in my barn.

Sorry with this stupid question but why are you glad to see white hooves?

Cathy

Beautiful girl Charlotte. As others have mentioned, I don't think Frame, but I test for it even in mares I don't believe have it. If you test the mare and stallion first, and they are both negative, then you don't have to worry about the foals. If you test the foal and it is negative, then you still don't know about the mare and stallion.

Congratulations on both of your new foals.... That filly is very pretty marked....
default_wub.png

Cathy, I'm happy to see white feet because I know I'm getting pinto!
default_laugh.png

SampleMM, that's cardboard bedding. I just love the stuff. No dust, VERY soft, clean. Only problem around here is we can only get it occasionally. The company I got that from has just gone out of business.
default_sad.png
That stall has shavings under it to try to make it go farther, but I would rather use only cardboard for foaling. It's great in trailers too.

Ok, I see the opinion of all is that I test for LWO. Will do.
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone

Charlotte

Pretty girl! Congrats!

Peggy

PS I will tell Star Bright she has a new little half foalbling
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back