seaweed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyte200

Reaction score
Anyone use seaweed on here?

Ive used it with big horses and its great!!

Just wondering where people buy it from and is it cheap? Would love to kknow peoples opinions on it!

yes i use it..i get it from North American Kelp (they have a web page..think it's something like NAK.com) which is a company located right here in Maine that harvests and packages it . They do ship all over the country. I learned about it from my friend who i purchased oneo f my dogs from. she lives in Idaho and she was ordering it. I thought it was great because i lived so close to it. You can buy 50lbs bags for like $21.00. With shipping of course it would probably be more but it's great stuff. makes the coat shiney and hooves stronger. It's the same stuff as like Source only far cheaper! 1 50lbs bag of it lasts a LONNNNNGGG time. I had 5-8 horses and it usually lasts me more than a year or so.

I"ve also used it on my dogs with good sucess..they really seem to like it too.

We have been feeding it since last fall from same company as Boinky. Our Backup farrier uses it and has several of his clients on it. Seems ok can't say it does wonders as we didn't have problems before and do not now. A couple mares are not crazy over it. Think they get teaspoon +/_ each feeding and if it is not mixed well with grain they will leave it.

Cost is about 1/5 the supplement we were using and matchs very close.

Mark

Latest posts

Back