Scariest delivery of my LIFE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cute little guy! Congratulations! :aktion033:

Breeding definitely isn't for the "weak of heart"! :lol:

Not sure on color at this point. Palomino is a possibility.....but he seems to have dark rimmed ears & some dark on his face. He could also be a Silver Buckskin just like Mom....or even end up being a Silver Dapple.

Color him absolutely adorable! So proud of you for being right there and getting the vet so fast and look just what you have now! He is just wonderful, congratulations! I do like Destinys Child for a possible name and he looks like "Kid" would fit him well. Keep us updated!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Destiny passed the placenta with just a tiny pull from the vet, and it was all there. We went ahead and did the well foal check. The foals IcG levels are already high enough to consider him "safe". He told me to turn them out supervised for an hour or two this AM and again this evening. He's already cantering around next to momma and bucking! I am so glad both are okay. I did lots of scratching, and petting, and rubbing all over a few times today as much as mom would tolerate (in few minute spurts throughout the day). He's very curious. He has a bit of trauma to his right eye, which the vet thinks was pushed up against the pelvis while he was stuck. But it's just a little bloody on the inside rim of the eye (can't even tell unless you pull the eyelid back), but he gave me some ointment and he says it shouldn't be a problem. So far so good. Gave Destiny more antibiotics as well. She's eating up a storm and is getting tons of treats =). I agree with palomino, after seeing him out in the sun he's definately palomino. He's already unfolded very very nicely! Not completely, but boy does he look nice! He's pooping and peeing well.

I was thinking Destiny's Child and then calling him Diablo..what do you guys think? Dad's name was Ashly Acres Bruzzies Justice Fancy (what a mouthful) and Destiny's full name is Seven Times Sweeter. What about Sweeter Than Justice? Hmm...so many decisions. I'm just glad they are okay! There is a God and he was looking out for my little ones!

Congratulations on your new Colt! :aktion033: He's adorable!
default_wub.png
:

Congratulatons on your wonderful palomino filly. I am so glad that the outcome of your ordeal was a good one. Good job on your part and that of your vet.

Latest posts

Back