Scammers are getting really good!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
I received four MoneyGram Money Order's in the mail over the weekend and just got off the phone with MoneyGram - boy are the scammer's getting sophisticated!!

They use my name/address, and had a local actual store with a purchasers name, city, zip on the order. The envelope originated from Spain, but otherwise a great fake!

These look legit, except for the sequence of numbers and the thermal security feature - there isn't anything MoneyGram can or will do about it, as it's literally not worth the paper it's printed on.

So, if you receive M.O's in the amount of $850 or $950 and are sure you didn't sell something - I'd call and check them out first!

Michelle,

You just got these out of the blue? Nobody contacted you on buying anything??!

Scrammers are getting good. I have been reciving calls through the operator from someone who is (supposedly) speech impaired and than emails the operator to tells me what they want to say. The idea is that they recieve and can then hook up over email. BUT, the emails are very strange. And all my adds have my direct email address on them. Be careful!

Scrammers are getting good. I have been reciving calls through the operator from someone who is (supposedly) speech impaired and than emails the operator to tells me what they want to say. The idea is that they recieve and can then hook up over email. BUT, the emails are very strange. And all my adds have my direct email address on them. Be careful!
A friend of mine got that exact same call while I was on the other line and we kept saying how stupid do they think we are.. if the hearing impaired caller got my info on the web why would they need anyone else to hook them up over email DUH
default_wacko.png
:

Wait so they just sent you a money gram when you didn't sell anything? How does that work? You "cash" it and then what? Do they have access to your bank account after that? I'm confused how they benefit from sending you a fake money order.
default_wacko.png
:

what good does it do the scammer to send you a money gram. Alice

Latest posts

Back