Let's Take a Look at AMHR Now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for me registering my horses or not, I'm refering to the fact that registered and non registered horses sell for the same price in my area so why would I want to spend $200-$400 to get a horse registered when you can only sell the horse for maybe $400-$600 if you're lucky. .
But you're cheating your horse. Sure, you may only get $400-600 HERE, but what if Jane Doe in Idaho saw him and wanted him? Ooops, he isn't registered, never mind. I've seen many NICE Minis here locally I would have bought, but no papers, so, forget it. Yeah, papers don't "make the horse", but we show rated shows and NEED those papers. As do many Mini horse people.

"But the buyers don't show rated shows." They don't show NOW, but what about down the road? They get hooked showing locally, decide they want to do more. Can't- horse isn't registered. Then they go buy a registered horse, but can't keep more horses, so who gets sold? Yup- the UNregistered one. Maybe to a good home- maybe not. If he had papers the chances of him going to a good home are higher. It makes him more marketable.

Lucy

It is good to be informed about organizations to which one belongs.

Peggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyline, nobody assumed anything about anyone's bankroll. I am single, have been for about 20 years. I work full time and then some and raised a teenager with no help from the father, and most times I worked about 65 hours a week. There are many many times I have to juggle bills to make ends meet. I can't just go out and spend money on anything I want.

I agree with Disney and thanks Carol for the list of fees (ouch!). I agree, the fees on Minis, shows, etc... are much less than most of the other breeds.

Latest posts

Back