Scam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aristocratic, I work in credit card fraud, and they are hitting merchants hard. They are making reservations for about 15 people at places, but also want to arrange car rentals, and need help by just putting it all onto one charge. To make a long story short, they are trying to get the merchants to send them back money to cover the car rental fees, but just bill all the whole thing -on a stolen card number... They really are not planning on showing up to eat, what they are after is the return of money for the 'car rentals' from the merchants.

I always get that wanting people to come and stay at the resort and ride and take lessons a group of them.

Resort LOL just cracks me up everytime I get one.. my house is mine and I am proud of that fact and the arena and pasture and barn and foaling stalls well I love them but the house... well the house being considered any form of a resort is truly comedic
default_laugh.png

HGFarms, thanks for the explanation for some of the strange scam messages we get. Didn't know about the car rental angle.

To tell if it is a scam:

First I read to see if it has poor spellings and incorrect English as from a Nigerian scammer.

Next I look to see if it seems too good to be true.

Determine if the writer is in a big hurry.

Hit the delete key.

I got the exact same emails this week. This person is really getting around. I deleted it.

I also got one for a job opportunity. They offered me a lot of money but wanted a lot of personal information from me. I deleted that too.

A big hint for me towards scams is when they don't actually mention any specifics towards what your are selling. They say horse, not your horses name or any details you probably had in your add about the horse. These emails get deleted if I get them without a thought. That's just my take towards it, but if you think about it when you email you ask about the 2008 filly you are interested in or you mention the name or the color or something, not just Horse!
default_wink.png

Just another note on these scammers... it is NOT just one person. It is a BUNCH of people... the ring is huge and they send out mass emails to hundreds of people a day, hoping that one will fall for it. This is all still part of the Nigerian Mafia email scams, though they tell you their name is Sally Dogood from Santa Barbara CA or from lovely farm country in KY.

Latest posts

Back