Scam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintNminis

Reaction score
Do you think this is a Scam?????

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email 1

Hello I am David Moore, a respectable business man from Canada. I am indeed interested in your Horse posted for sale. I want to buy the horse as a surprise birthday gift for my 23 year old daughter. I will like to know if the horse is still available for sale and will also like to know your final asking price for the horse. I have a shipper who will come over there to pick the horse as soon as the payment is completely received by you. Please let me know your asking price of the horse, reason you are selling and a recent photo of it(If available) so we can proceed from there. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Regards David Moore Canada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email 2

Hello,

Thanks for your email. I am so glad to read back from you and also to hear that the horse is still available for sale. I am very much interested in buying this horse for my daughter and read to pay the said price of $1,250.00 because i believe the horse is in good health. I live in Montreal, Canada with my family and i want the horse for my lovely daughter's birthday. I choose to buy this horse for her because she is an horse lover. I have once bought a horse for her but unfortunately the horse died few months ago of old age. She really loved the horse so much and and she use to ride the horse uptown and downtown.. I can assure you your horse will be coming to a very good home. We are expert in breeding horses and my daughter is also good at riding and training horses and she has trained 4 horses in the past. I want to buy this horse as a replacement for her late horse and i will love to present this horse on her birthday. I will be glad if we can make the transaction as fast as possible because the birthday is near. I will inform my PA to get your payment ready which will be in form of Money Order so it will clear the same day you receive it. I will also contact my shipper who will come over there for the pickup for shipping estimation as soon as i confirm that the horse will be ours. I don't want any further delay on the sales of this horse so i want you to get back to me if you are willing to sell this horse to me and if you are fine with my payment so i can inform my Personal Assistant(P.A) to get your payment ready. Presently, i am in Spain for a conference but I will instruct my PA to get your payment ready so that there won't be any form of delay. I also want you to know that my daughter's my daughter's formal horse lived fine with us until she passed out and your horse will also be fine with us till the old age. I will be looking forward to hear from you to start with the arrangement.

David

Canada

Yes. This is a scam in my opinion.

I would block that person from your emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
i dont no but all i can say is SHOW ME THE MONEY

My guess would be a scam

They are in too big of a hurry to get the horse

maybe stick you with a fake money order.

Be careful

I could be wrong but sounds too hurried to me

Screams SCAM to me-

Beware- and ask lots of questions to any potential buyers. IF you don't know them, then get references from veterinarians and etc.

I received both of these emails last week. They sent the second one even after I said the horse was no longer for sale. Definitely a scam.

SCAM!

don't do it.I had someone like this email me a while ago when i showed rabbits sending me this same email.

Anytime you see money order..you be very very careful

I would tell him to send CASH only! Also, he states that his daughter would ride and train the horse. NOT ONE OF MINE they wouldn't. I would say scam if he doesn't respond to a cash only sale.

SCAM!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS TYPE OF EMAILS INQUIRING ABOUT ANYTHING YOU HAVE FOR SALE.

sounds like a scam, but even if it's not i never ever ever sell someone a horse as a present. what if the person recieving the horse doesn't like it or doesn't get along with it? what will they do with it then? i also never let the horse leave the property until someone comes to see it first, especiually if it's very young or a stallion. what if they can't handle it or don't like its personality? if the horse is a biter for example they may try and 'fix' it themselves. and i'm also hesitant to send a horse with a shipper, i've heard to many horror stories of the driver not feeding/watering the horses, not checking on them, i even heard a story where the driver was drunk and crashed the rig killing all the horses inside. i also heard a story of a driver who put a mare and foal next to a stallion in their trailer and when the foal stuck its head under the barrier the stud kicked and killed it. in my opinion it's to scary and risky for me to just send my horse off with a stranger.

I catch scammers like this all the time. He wants to send a money order and get you to help with shipping. Usually that's how it goes. Scam! Don't do it. The check will be fraud and he's in a hurry and says "his shipper" will contact you. Good joke. He's a fake.

I know this is a scam as I had three exact same emails in my box monday morning. I did respond as I always think that is the thing to do just in case it is for real.

My second email to these people almost never get answered (One did respond to my second email by calling me a scammer--LOL) Here is my usual second email.:

[SIZE=12pt]Thank you for showing interest in my horse. I am more than willing to do business with you if you can answer a few questions for me. First, I need a physical address of the home my horse will be going to. Photos would be even better. A reference from someone I can call would be a plus. Also, I will need to know the exact name and address of the shipper you plan to use. I want to know for myself that the horse will arrive to you in a healthy condition. I am sorry, but if you cannot provide these simple answers, I cannot sell you my horse. I raise these little ones from baby on and I need to know that they will be taken care of before I allow them to leave my farm.[/SIZE]

Once I have these answers, we will talk about how to get the payment to me.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Angie

Yes definnetly a scam. If you google the persons name anything bad would come up on a watchdog group. I always send a email asking for vet and 3 other references. Usually if they are scamming you they won't reply.

Scam.............too bad the girl's last horse passed out
default_new_shocked.gif
if she was riding her horse uptown in Montreal it would not have lived to reach old age
default_unsure.png

The population of the metropolitan area (known as Greater Montreal) was 3,635,571 as of 2006
default_smile.png

I have received MANY like this, and they are absolutely scams!! I had another recently who just sent a very short email asking if I still had the horse for sale (didnt ask a THING about it though) and I was suspicious. I emailed back that yes, I still had the horse for sale, but if they were a scammer, please do not respond again. They didnt!!

Yep, asking for references, etc.... is always good anyhow, and asking many questions back usually scares them away. Thinking of that, I never did get my tickets to Disneyland from the one that promised to pay my way to CA to visit my Mini foal they were going to use as a dressage mount, LOL

I, too, believe it is a scam. We get a lot of scam emails.

The funniest scam mail we got was last week. The writer wanted us to reserve rooms and wanted to bring a group of adults to our "resort" to ride our scenic trails on our horses!

We laugh at the thought of that. Can you imagine a large group of adults riding minis and doing trail riding?

Scam.............too bad the girl's last horse passed out
default_new_shocked.gif
if she was riding her horse uptown in Montreal it would not have lived to reach old age
default_unsure.png

The population of the metropolitan area (known as Greater Montreal) was 3,635,571 as of 2006
default_smile.png
I was laughing too when I read about his "daughter" riding her horse "uptown and downtown" in MONTREAL!!! No wonder it "passed OUT!"
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back