Scam or nutcases

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Often, when a person is trying to run a scam, they get angry when things don't go their way. I am sorry that this happened to you and/or that you are scarred by it, but I think that it has been good for you and hopefully it has opened your eyes and has made you a wiser seller.

Actually in some breeds it is required that a seller send in the transfer. Here in Canada any horse that is advertised as purebred must be registered with one of the CLRC affiliated registries--and all CLRC registries fall under the Animal Pedigree Act, which specifically states that seller must send in the transfer and provide buyer with the registration papers in the buyer's name--within 6 months of date of sale. So, when we had the Morgans that's the way it was always done--and seller is not legally able to charge the cost of that transfer to the buyer. A horse not registered with a CLRC registry must not be advertised as purebred, and does not fall under the Animal Pedigree Act & so sellers are not required to do the transfer. An American Saddlebred, for instance, without Canadian papers must be advertised only as "ASHA registered Saddlebred" rather than "registered Saddlebred" or "purebred Saddlebred".

I have bought Minis where the seller did the transfer--in some cases seller paid for the transfer, in other cases I gave the transfer money to the seller & she sent in the paperwork, and then provided me with the papers in my name. I have done the same thing--sent in the paperwork at my expense, and at least once have collected the $15 from the buyer & then sent the transfer in myself. Buyer wasn't a member so appreciated getting the papers into her name without having to buy a membership. and other times have just handed over the signed transfer and the buyer did the paperwork (and I as a buyer have done that too). I would never think that a seller is crooked just because she/he offered to do the transfer if I weren't a member! (As I read it earlier, Margot did offer this person a choice on how to do the transfer.) A simple 'no thank you, I prefer to do that myself' should suffice--no reason to get huffy & cancel a deal because the offer was made--now if the seller absolutely insisted & wouldn't sell the horse any other way, that would be another matter.

I just had this happen to me.

This lady contacted me about a mini aussie puppy that I have for sale. And she seemed really nice and I promised to get more pictures. Which I did. I wasnt able to send them right away due to internet issues. She got very nasty in her email. I chalked it up to just being upset over not receiving the pictures as quick as she wanted them. I sent them and she was all nice again. Sent more pictures asked a million questions I answered them. And they said YES we want him. Can we send a money order. I said sure but I prefer paypal. And I explained that unless she wanted to send it by registered mail paypal was faster and the only way I could guarantee the puppy for them as there are three people interested in the puppy. And two of the people are local while she is not. I have held puppies while I waited on the mail before and have never seen the money so Im quite leery of shooting my own foot off AGAIN. Anyway she says okay well send paypal tomorrow. While today is that tomorrow and I get a Nasty email from her telling her I am running a scam and that Im a lazy no good (Lots of swearing here) And that I should get an honest job and stop scamming honest people and the email went on. Then at the end she said I could send her the puppy for nothing if there actually was a puppy because I didnt deserve the puppy and that I was probably only going to kill it when I didnt need it or couldnt use it anymore.

I sent a reply back explaining to her that she would have more legal rights to have sent me money via paypal than if she had sent the money order. And that I dont need to sell the puppies that I will provide a home for them until their deaths how ever many years that would be as I still have the puppies GREAT! Grandmother. And that I would not be selling or giving her a puppy. As she obviously doesn't have the temperament needed for such a dog. As they need consistency and love.

She had promised to do flyball and agility. And she sounded like a wonderful owner until she started growing horns.

I have shipped puppies all over. Specially when I was showing and breeding A LOT. But I have reduced to one breeding pair. I have a daughter of theirs from the last litter that didnt find the right people. Lots of people wanted her but she didnt want them. And the Great Grandmother of the puppies. My Fiance's mom has an uncle of the puppies. My Fiances Grandmother has an Aunt and a Great Great 1/2 Aunt. So its not like they go very far. And its not like they dont have a family.

My dogs arent raised in a kennel. They are in my house. The puppies were born on my bed. (The mom was laying on my pillow (I have replaced the pillow) They are parts of my family not something to be bought and sold. Much like the miniature horses. If I cant find them the perfect home. THEY DONT GO ANYWHERE.

I have never ever been verbally attacked by someone like that. And accused of SCAMMING them. That was just weird.

It has definitely made me think twice about shipping my dogs. Even though to date never had an issue with it in the past.

The Fjord Registry here in the US requires the seller to pay for and send in the transfer but you have to sit down with the seller and you put your info on the paper and they do what they need to do and send it in.

Was different than with the mini's but knowing the lady I bought the Fjord from, I was not worried about it.

Latest posts

Back