scam or not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

could you look at the below email and tell me if you think it is a scam..i think it is....

thanks.....

Hello,

My name is Pati saw your advert placement of your (ad) which am interesting in purchasing it.. I want you to answer all the following question before below :

1)Why do you want to sell it

2)For how long do you have it

3)Is it well okay or what' i mean the present condition.

4)And am located in Sweden and i want to purchase your horse to my family, especially my wife and my only son...I promise your horse will be in good home and my family will take good care of your horse..

5)I want to know if you have is health certficate and you have deworn your horse.

6)And i will like to have the recent pictures of it .

7)So email me direct to my mail box at ([email protected])...

8)And your LAST ASKING PRICE please get back to me.And i want you to understand that my mode of payment lays on U.K certified bank cashier's cheque or money order and i will be handle the pick up....

Thanks

I would be willing to bet it is...
default_yes.gif

Yes, a scam don't waste your time. The first sentence with (ad) was supposed to be replaced with the actual item ....... it's like a template they are supposed to fill in to be unique to what they are inquiring on.

Another give away is the "I'll handle pickup" among many other clues. LOL

Never hurts to reply NICELY just in case to feel them out - you never know someones writing style but the questions they ask are very consistent with most scammers.

Once you reply you'll get a better feel with their response - but don't count on this being real.

Just my opinion from being so trusting in the past - lessons learned so to speak.

Latest posts

Back